This year, Odlum Brown celebrates its 99th anniversary as an independent, employee-owned, full-service investment firm. We are honoured to be recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 23 consecutive years and as one of Canada's Most AdmiredTM Corporate Cultures.
CULTURE AND VALUES
We are very proud of the vibrant culture that we have built and sustained for many years. It's the way we do things, how we make decisions and what defines which behaviours work and don't work - it's what makes up our DNA.
Our values are the cornerstone of our culture, a set of principles that provide a compass for our actions and unify us as a team.
We have skiers, mountain bikers, hockey players, runners, volleyball players, movie buffs, bookworms, animal lovers, musicians, yogis, world travelers and every other variety of person you can imagine. You will work with really interesting people and make great friends, too.
We are serious about supporting the communities where we live and work. In 2020, Odlum Brown was the recipient of the Canada's Volunteer Award in the Business Leader category for British Columbia and the North. This national recognition by the Canadian government is the result of our team members' actions and continued support for various causes and organizations in our communities. We are committed in heart and mind to everything we do in the community, and we work hard to inspire passion and fun while doing it.
Continuous learning matters. We are committed to providing career-long support for learning and growth.
We have an opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our award-winning firm in the Vancouver head office.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications Strategy, you will be responsible for a wide range of marketing and communications-related responsibilities, with a focus on supporting internal and external communications.
- Provide marketing support to the firm's retail advisory team
- Write and edit internal communications, advertising and promotional marketing copy, newsletters and articles
- Operate and assist team members in using Odlum Brown's email marketing platform
- Support the writing, organization and publishing of intranet, social media and website content
- Monitor the presence of Odlum Brown's brand in the media/public sphere
- Participate and assist in various awards programs, including coordination, submission writing and facilitating press, announcements and events
- Support client, firm and community/sponsored events
- Champion the firm's brand identity across all developed materials
- Perform other duties and special projects, as required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years as a communications professional
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing, communications or related discipline
- Advanced in Microsoft Office with experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in editing
- Immaculate attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management, with the ability to prioritize and execute a wide variety of responsibilities
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and self-discipline; ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Self-motivated, with an enthusiasm for learning and a clear vision of what is required to be part of a high-performance team
- Prior experience with email marketing platforms (e.g., Campaigner) would be an asset
- Digital content creation, video editing and/or graphic design experience would be an asset
- Familiarity with the investment industry would be an asset
Our team is growing, and we've got room for one more if you're interested. If this sounds like the environment you'd like to work in and you have the credentials and experience for this job, we invite you to submit a cover letter and resume by October 21, 2022.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity. We will be in touch with individuals whose profiles most closely match what's needed to be successful in this role.