Creating, producing, and distributing distinctive factual and scripted programming, the Cineflix Media group includes Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Rights, Cineflix Studios, Buccaneer Media, Connect3 Media, Husk Media, Shiny Screens Entertainment, and a hub of producers from the US, UK, and Canada with whom we share strategic partnerships through joint ventures, first-look deals, and co-productions. With a catalogue of more than 5,500 hours of select programming across a wide range of genres, Cineflix is behind some of TV's most popular and long-running shows.
The Communications Assistant works with the Senior Manager, Publicity and the Director of Communications in the development and execution of internal and external communications. This is a full-time, permanent position based in either our Montreal or Toronto office, depending on the selected candidate's place of residence, on a hybrid schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, maintain, and update media lists
- Actively monitor the media for Cineflix Media, Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Studios, Cineflix Rights, and producer partner coverage
- Distribute media releases internally
- Prepare program-specific media reports for Cineflix Productions, Cineflix Studios, and producer partners
- Update and maintain departmental assets including publicity files, departmental trackers, organizational tools, and IMDB
- Support the Senior Manager with industry awards and festivals, including pitches and submissions, collecting data and materials, and booking ceremony attendance on behalf of the organization
- Craft and distribute internal announcements for show premieres as well as award nominations and wins
- Copyedit and fact-check corporate, production, sales, publicity, and marketing materials
- Caption production photos according to broadcaster specifications and style guides
- Experience in a communiations role or a diploma / degree from a public relations / communications post-secondary program
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to time manage while balancing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the Director, Human Resources, Mackenzie Graham. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected will be contacted.
Please be aware that recruitment-related scams from illegitimate companies have increased. If you are being considered for this position, you will only be contacted by someone from our recruitment team with an official @cineflix.com email address.
Cineflix Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. Cineflix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process