The Digital Marketing Specialist will own database marketing at all funnel stages including awareness,
consideration, acquisition, engagement, retention, and advocacy. They will set a focused strategy for their channels and execute with collaboration and transparency, including by creating comprehensive calendars.
Collaboration with stakeholders across Rubicon and Savvas Learning Company will be critical to success in this role. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be constantly testing hypotheses to improve KPIs and drive revenue growth.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will also leverage their passion for growth-driving experimentation and
impactful writing to achieve results in the SEO channel. They will look for opportunities to give users a friction-free and successful experience from contact or search to landing page to conversion or lead.
Required Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Market Research, Sales, Business, (or related field), or equivalent
- 2-4 years experience working in an digital marketing role with a preference for experience in
acquisition or lead nurture, especially in email or database marketing
- Proven ability to write tight copy that gets results
- Careful organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Strong knowledge of email marketing strategy
- Preferred familiarity with Mailchimp and experience setting up multiple-message email journeys
- Working fluency of CASL-compliant best practices
- Ability to prove business impact through ROI metrics
- Some experience with Salesforce.com and lead tracking (desired)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, basic server functions, and the definitions and SEO implications of advanced website techniques
- Knowledge of Digital Analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Some experience with basic visualization tools such as Excel, Google Data Studio, Tableau or WAVE
- Minimum level of full-stack digital marketing knowledge to empower coordination with other marketing
channels (e.g., social, campaign, product, analytics, design)
- Exceptional ability to communicate (verbal, written, digital) effectively and respectfully with a diverse
group of professionals; managing priorities to meet deliverables.
Email Analytics (15%)
- Keep up to date records of team email performance, including open rates, click rates, leads created,
opportunity value generated and more.
- Analyze and report on campaign effectiveness and share learnings on campaign metrics, audience
targets, HTML design, and channel performance
- Use platforms, such as Mailchimp, Google Sheets, and Google Data Studio to process ad hoc reporting requests as well as to assist with results presentations.
Database Marketing Strategy (50%)
- Contribute strategic content ideas to the team and maximize business impact in a fast-paced,
collaborative digital environment, this will include writing and reviewing copy and design in accordance
with email best practices.
- Email campaign calendarization and scheduling across all funnel stages. Managing several competing
priorities in a way that meets KPI goals and drives revenue.
- Develop our ability to use email marketing to nurture leads through ToFu and MoFu funnel stages.
- Build a prioritized roadmap of A/B tests and other experimentation that, through progressive
execution, will drive results in KPIs.
- Ensure we are effectively leveraging the fax channel to develop leads. Plan for possible channel
- Optimize email templates to meet CASL requirements and leverage accessibility best practices.
- List segmentation for campaigns and ongoing development and maintenance of our various email
- Devise a digital campaign strategy to re-engage MQLs on our virtual sampling site, including creating
an effective drip campaign to bring prospects into the sales funnel.
SEO and Growth Marketing: (35%)
- Build a roadmap of content and technical SEO improvements, based on a comprehensive audit, to
ensure we can develop SEO as a lead-generation channel.
- Work with designers to develop SEO-friendly landing pages to support email marketing campaigns and
to capture leads from organic search.
- Apply the learnings from winning experiments within the email channel to SEO and vice versa.
- Coordinate preparations to migrate CMS platform in a way that maintains SEO as a priority
- Co-own monitoring and work to ensure our webpages meet AODA and other accessibility standards.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.