The Administrative Assistant, Office of the Vice President, Community Engagement provides a key role in providing confidential administrative support. The incumbent handles confidential materials and responds to sensitive situations, ensuring a high level of diplomacy and tact. The Assistant provides confidential support to university committees, overseeing logistics, preparing materials and taking meeting notes and ensuring follow up on action items. The role handles all matters pertaining to the Vice President's calendar, coordinating meetings with internal and external partners, and ensuring that the Vice President is aware of, and prepared for meetings.
- A two (2) year related diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum three (3) years of office administration experience, preferably at the senior assistant level and preferably in a post-secondary institution environment or similar complex organization
- Superior interpersonal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet multiple deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working in a professional office environment, respecting both personal and professional boundaries
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of various software applications, primarily Microsoft Office, Outlook calendar/mail, and Adobe
- Demonstrated excellent minute taking and transcription skills; self-directed, proactive, and able to exercise discretion
- Knowledge and understanding of post-secondary policies and procedures
- Graphic Design Content Management System (CMS) knowledge and familiarity working with Smartsheet is an asset
- Experience working with contracts and agreements.