Do you desire a sales career that offers the satisfying feeling of providing your customers with products they truly want and need? Then consider a rewarding sales career in the exciting Beauty Industry.
CosmoProf , a Sally Beauty Holdings company, is currently searching for enthusiastic professionals to lead our team! At CosmoProf, we dedicate ourselves to licensed professionals in the Beauty Industry and are committed to making our salon professional customers feel inspired to be their best! We don't just service the customer - we connect to provide an EPIC experience based on our four pillars of Education, Product, Inspiration and Community.
The Distributor Sales Consultant is responsible for an assigned territory of customers to which their main focus is to help grow their salons overall sales. The DSC will be responsible for meeting and achieving assigned sales goals by utilizing their manufacturer education and sales resources. Sales should be expanded upon through opening new doors and selling approved beauty products while introducing new products and concepts. The DSC will actively use all forms of social media as an additional outlet to serve salons, barbers, spas, schools, and any licensed beauty professional.
Territory: Alberta, Calgary Canada area.
?At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.?
Grow the Business
- Identify key accounts within territory and establish a route that will be most efficient to grow and develop existing customers while looking for new partnerships
- Demonstrate and assist customers in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring and tracking results of all in-salon promotions, programs and concepts. Determine customers' needs and offer products and services to meet those needs
- Communicate all sales initiatives through partnering with vendors including but not limited to achieving corporate sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Acknowledge and respond to all email, text, and phone communication in a timely manner (24 Hours)
- Analyze your accounts to decide what brand support, education, and promotions are needed to grow within that salon
- Call on your customers in person in order to execute established sales goals
- Strictly comply with established procedures regarding the processing of returns including the pick-up of returns from the customer and completing the required documents. Timely completion of assignments and projects that may be assigned
- Work with all areas of business, customer service, accounts receivable, IT, and any other necessary business function provided entity
- Actively prospect for new customers through cold calling, social media, and other digital outlets
- Effectively manage all administrative aspects of the role in a timely manner- including but not limited to daily order entry and regular maintenance of customer information and activity for assigned territory in salesforce.com
- Attracting and retaining salon clientele by utilizing social media as a form of communication, promotion, education and product knowledge
- Conduct effective in-person and virtual product knowledge classes
- Communicate with the Manager regarding calls, visits, orders, status of sales progress, follow-up plans and any assistance needed
Grow Team and Culture
- Be a subject matter expert on utilizing digital platforms & social media to grow the business. Share your knowledge with peers in order to grow the teams' digital capabilities
- Attend all meetings, functions and events and maintain regular contact as established by the Company or Supervisor
- Must be available to attend shows, participate in the setup and dismantling of displays, booths, handling back stock as well as performing other physical activities that might be required
- Support all new initiatives with a growth mindset while also positively fostering change management throughout the team
- Exhibit a desire to learn and grow. Striving for continuous improvement while owning personal development and growing digital & social media techniques to generate new customers and foster existing business relationships
- Schedule and attend business development days (BDD) to increase product knowledge and develop professional vendor relationships
- Allocate and optimize time to participate in learning utilizing all available tools and resources
- Remain agile to changes in the market while building industry knowledge and intuition in order to react to a competitive market
- Actively work to increase own product, industry, and market knowledge
- Create an organized work environment and workflow to be able to most efficiently service your customers
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Minimum of (1) year demonstrated outside sales experience or beauty industry experience with emphasis on consultative selling
- Must live within the assigned territory
- Working knowledge of inventory control systems and visual merchandising is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media platforms to build pipelines, books of business, and other business needs
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of salesforce.com, Outlook, PDF Expert, and Oracle. Experience with iPad a plus
- Ability to build an online community and create social connections, including but not limited to, using search engines and other internet tools
- This position requires travel on a local level within the territory. It also requires attendance at shows, conventions, and educational events which may include overnight travel and/or some weekend nights
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner
- Frequent and sometimes prolonged periods of driving are necessary for this role
- Committed to working scheduled hours and has the flexibility to work additional hours based on changing business needs
- Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to present a professional business image and interact positively with the public
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also, featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great merchandise discount!
At SBH, We Remain Committed To Protecting The Health And Safety Of All Our Customers And Associates And Maintain The Following COVID-19 Precautions
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.