As a team of dedicated book-loving professionals, we discover, shape, and share content that nurtures thoughts, dreams, and conversations around the globe, ensuring that new and established voices are heard.
We are actively seeking to add team members from communities with lived experiences of marginalization and underrepresentation. We respect and value each individual and their lived experiences and are committed to creating a more diverse team and establishing a culture of belonging. If you self-identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, a member of the LGBTQIA2S+ community or another marginalized group, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a Marketing and Publicity Assistant with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a keen sense of judgement to join our marketing and publicity team.
Do you have an interest in learning the creative strategies and processes that drive marketing and publicity at Canada's leading trade book publisher? Are you an extremely organized individual who thrives in a dynamic environment? Are you a process-oriented thinker who keeps one eye on the big picture no matter how small the task at hand? Are you interested in working on a team that models and supports a positive, collaborative culture that embraces change? If this describes you, consider joining us on an exciting journey as we write new chapters of Penguin Random House Canada's culture and employee experience story together.
Your contribution to the story:
At Penguin Random House Canada we strive to connect our authors and books to more readers than any other publisher. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Publicity Operations, you will work across publishing divisions and genres to provide exceptional support for our promotional campaigns, events, and author care processes, ensuring we deliver on our promise of being the most reader-centric publisher and the most attractive home for authors.
What you'll do:
- Manage book and author-related requests from our media, influencers, festival, and event partners
- Manage media monitoring and reporting on title-specific coverage
- Research and develop targeted lists of media, journalists, and influencers
- Assemble and distribute promotional mailings
- Support authors with virtual and in-person media and events, with occasional evening and weekend commitments
- Provide administrative support across the marketing and publicity team as needed, with a strong emphasis on data management
- Support a variety of meetings, including compiling agendas, presentations, and documents, and managing invites
- Join and actively participate in team meetings and brainstorms
Experience and knowledge you'll bring (qualifications):
- Working knowledge of leading traditional and non-traditional Canadian media channels
- An effective and proactive approach to problem-solving and strong attention to detail
- A solutions-focused mindset that seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and follows through to implement them
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and online collaboration tools, especially Microsoft Excel and Asana
- Capacity to learn quickly and thrive in an ever-changing work environment
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An inclusive approach, supported by a cultural competency and a proven ability to collaborate with people from across a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to identify, understand and manage the needs of internal and external project stakeholders
- Enhanced knowledge, awareness, and experience with the culture and history of any community that has faced marginalization is considered a plus
- And of course, a love for books!
We are currently working in a flexible/hybrid work model and as such candidates located within commuting distance of Toronto will be given preference. Our office is open, and employees are welcome to utilize the facilities when needed.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resume by November 6, 2022. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please contact Human Resources at via Isarta or 416-364-4449 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.