As a Representative - Outside Sales you will be responsible for developing new prospects and interacting with assigned customers to increase sales and margin of the company's products and/or services. Your primary focus will be face-to-face selling and account management activities to meet sales revenue goals by assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and/or solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. There will be a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. You will be expected to engage with all levels of the customers' organizations including technical, operations, supply chain and executive management. You may be required to develop and deliver sales bids, presentations, proposals and/or product demonstrations.
- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
- Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
- Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
- Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
- Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Prior sales experience required, outside sales preferred
- Two years of industry experience preferred
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Efficient with CRM based planning & business analytics.
- Efficient with MS Office platforms.
- Efficient with business related digital and social media.
- Ability to work from Home office.
- Ability to set Sales & GM budgets & execute for success.
- Ability to manage customer & vendors forecasting & leadtimes
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.