Req ID: 143603
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Hybrid - Work from Home and Bethune Building (1276 South Park St. Halifax, NS)
Department : PS Recruitment & Staffing
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT ( 100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: Management/Non Union P osition
Posting Closing Date: 6-Nov-22
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment Services, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Director and Manager of Recruitment, providing coordination, communication and organization of administrative tasks that support the provincial recruitment team. The successful incumbent will also support the Recruitment Leadership team with administrative tasks and duties as assigned.
Responsibilities May Include
- Providing general administrative support within the Recruitment Leadership team
- Scheduling, organizing and attending meetings, drafting agendas, minute taking and distributing minutes
- Participates in committees and/or working groups as assigned
- Supporting the Recruitment team members such as scheduling interviews, contacting candidates and conducting references
- Booking and organizing meeting space
- Preparing and updating recruitment related materials
- Printing, scanning and photocopying immigration and recruitment related materials
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies, IT equipment and access requests
- Making travel arrangements, managing travel expense claims, payment of vendors, procurement card reconciliation
- Other routine administrative duties as required
The Successful Candidate Must Be From One Of The Following Designated Groups To Be Considered And Must Self-identify As
This is a designated position.
- Black/African Nova Scotian
- Persons of Colour
- Persons with Disabilities
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Post-Secondary diploma in a recognized office administration, business administration or secretarial program
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, providing administrative support and office coordination at senior level, preferably within healthcare and within an integrated service model provided throughout several locations with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use HRIS systems, knowledge of SuccessFactors and SAP is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of tact, judgement and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, follow-through and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and accurately manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and highly confidential environment
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Competencies in other languages an asset
Hours of Work
- Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
- Position will be 80% from home, 20% from office or as required
Administrative Assistant To Director (BANDR01)
$22.3064 - $27.8830 hourly ($43,497 - $54,371 annually)
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.