Job Title Administrative ManagerWork Site VGH 12th & Oak
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible to January 2024
Days off Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Salary $30.33 - $43.60 per hourReference# 173417-lmo
Come work as an Administrative Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for an Administrative Manager to join the Ambulatory Clinic Management team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Administrative Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will
- Oversee the clerical support functions for designated areas.
- Develop and implement departmental goals and objectives for clerical areas in consultation with the supervisor.
- Participate in workforce and long-term strategic planning for administrative staff in designated area(s).
- Interview, hire and train/retain staff to ensure optimal use of resources to meet operational needs.
- Provides leadership to designated staff utilizing effective management techniques.
- Provide guidance and direction, establishes clear definitions of responsibility and assigns, monitors and adjusts work/schedules.
- Make arrangements for staff orientation and training sessions.
- Oversee the effective and efficient daily operation of administrative services.
- Develop and monitor designated budget and other resources.
- Participate in the development, communication and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with VCH Occupational Health & Safety Advisor/s to ensure compliance with Worksafe BC regulations and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Represents Administrative staff on related committees.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or diploma.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' recent, related experience including leadership and supervisory experience in a large complex healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Utilizes sound business acumen, employing knowledgeable accounting and budgeting principles, to manage the fiscal resources of assigned area(s) in a manner that is fiscally responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership, supervisory and coordination skills, including ability to performance manage, inspires and directs teams as well as engage and involve stakeholders in the planning and implementation processes.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment, develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Employs ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to facilitate, collaborate and build consensus.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized office software applications.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Please note The duration of this temporary position is until approximately January 2024.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https//my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.