Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 39,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
This is an exciting time to become a part of Gallagher as we continue to grow the business across Canada! The Marketing and Communications team is expanding and we're looking for a new member to develop and execute the day-to-day marketing and communications initiatives for Excess Underwriting, Gallagher's MGA (managing general agent) business and Select, Gallagher's Small Business team.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Communications - Canada, the Manager, Marketing & Communications is a strategic thinker, a bright and energetic marketer who is keen to not only build out a marketing and communications strategy, but execute upon it every step of the way. They are hands on and digitally savvy with strong SEO knowledge. They are a strong communicator who can write great copy, but can also design the final creative product for social, web or print. While ensuring our brand messaging is consistent across all channels, they'll support the Select and MGA business leaders in driving new revenue growth by delivering comprehensive solutions.
How You Will Impact The Business
Digital Strategy and Content Development
- Develop and lead national and regional marketing campaigns for specific products
- Google analytics management and reporting
- SEO keyword/phrase updates
- Social media strategy, calendar, content development and reporting
- Website content updates, CMS plug-in updates
- Video creation support
- Track effectiveness of marketing efforts in driving sales, adjusting strategies to maximize ROI
- Monthly client email blasts
- Internal employee communications and culture initiatives
- Event coordination - client events (tradeshows, webinars, etc.) and employee events (town halls, charity events, etc.). Knowledge of virtual event platforms is an asset.
- Thought leadership development
- Support on public relations activities including media pitching, drafting media briefs, coordinating media lists and tracking opportunities
- Support on M&A brand transition and communications
- Design of marketing collateral for Excess Underwriting, including brochures, advertisements, annual reports, etc.)
- Coordination of marketing collateral for Select with Gallagher's own graphic designers
- Coordination of graphics and logos
- Ensure all creative assets are delivered according to brand guidelines
Business & Professional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, with 6+ years relevant experience in B2B marketing and/or insurance experience preferred
- Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe InDesign
- Experience using web content platform such as Wordpress or Sitecore
- Experience using Workfront or other project management software/applications would be an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Service-oriented and responsive mindset
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to operate independently
- Analytic and strategic thinker with excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Bilingual French/English speaker would be an asset
Office & Remote Work Arrangements
This role offers the flexibility to work in a hybrid work environment and can be based out of Gallagher's downtown Toronto or Markham offices.
What We Can Offer You
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and bonus plans. We offer benefits, including; medical/dental, life & dependent life, AD & D, pension/group savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance programs, discounted gym membership, opportunity for flexible work hours, paid sick days, personal days, employee education recognition program, employee referral bonus program and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer we support and are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Corp - Home Office