- Partner with CoE's, regional HRBL and external stakeholders to deliver human resource programs for client groups to ensure the organization's current and future HR requirements are met (e.g., recruitment; onboarding, training, development; compensation & benefits; performance evaluation; organizational development; relocation; equal employment; health, safety and employee wellness; payroll)
- Provide leadership for the implementation of the Canadian human resource strategy to achieve its current and future business objectives.
- Consult, advise, influence and partner with the leadership team on talent strategies and actions to build an engaged and high-performing organization
- Participate in the interview/selection of talent in assigned client groups
- Partner with TM&L CoE to identify training needs within the country and participate in evaluation and monitoring of training and coaching programs to ensure success.
- Partner with HR Management or COE's to evaluate the organization's future workforce needs in order to recommend changes to the HR strategy and adapt existing HR programs to meet these needs.
- Perform front line HR duties for Canada including performing complex investigation, handling non-routine employee issues, interpreting and advising management
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the client group(s) business, financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition through participation in business reviews and strategic planning.
- Participate in and/or lead HR projects for the wider EMEACLA region
- Supervision and leadership of currently 1 employee
- Other incidental duties.
Education and Experience:
- Proven successful project management skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including influencing, consultative, and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Expert understanding of related aspects of human resources processes and/or systems
- Expert knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Expert knowledge of local and federal employment laws in own area with specialized depth
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization