A Little Bit About The Role
ORBCOMM Ottawa currently has an opening for a Digital Marketing Specialist. The successful incumbent will be joining the global Marketing group and will be responsible for building and executing email campaigns for domestic and international markets, supporting lead generation, and assisting with social media planning and scheduling. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, works well independently, and takes initiative. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must as this role will work closely with members of the marketing team and other departments.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist will assist in the planning, development, and execution of email campaigns with the goal of moving prospects through the sales funnel and support marketing operations with lead qualification and assignment. The role will also work closely with the content team to support the company's social media efforts to help increase followers and engagement.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Work with team members to execute email campaigns to support larger initiatives
- Take responsibility for all relative email marketing metrics, such as open rates, click through rates etc. and make recommendations to improve these metrics
- Collaborate and take direction from our content manager on promoting our social media channels
- Work closely with our marketing operations manager and marketing agency to ensure campaigns are set up correctly
- Create leads for our sales team from database leads by sending timely, personalized, and compelling content
- Help generate leads for sales reps and perform ongoing lead assignment/management, interfacing directly with the Sales team.
- Create send lists based on data available in our database
- Create landing pages to support email campaigns
- Create automation rules to trigger value changes or create lists of prospects
- Create automated nurture programs to move prospects through the buyer journey
- Ensure email marketing compliance with GDPR, CASL and CCPA
- Ensure the correct tagging of links for reporting
- Minor manual lead data hygiene
- Work towards and maintain Pardot certification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English required
- Between 1 to 3 years' experience in email marketing
- Experience with writing concise email content
- Experience with Hootsuite
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Pardot experience is ideal but not necessary
- Salesforce experience is ideal but not necessary
- Unbounce landing page experience ideal but not necessary
- Outreach sales enablement experience ideal but not necessary
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com .
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.