To provide strategic communication, website and course design, and social media management for the medSask and CPDPP units.
Nature of Work:
medSask is the provincial drug information service that provides healthcare professionals and the general public with access to on-demand, accurate, evidence-based drug information. medSask contributes to undergraduate education at the University of Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, offers continuing education for healthcare professionals, and collaborates on drug-therapy projects with other health organizations. The Continuing Professional Development for Pharmacy Professionals (CPDPP) unit develops, implements, supports, and evaluates lifelong learning opportunities for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the successful applicant will function with a high level of independence, decision-making, and accountability. This position also requires short, medium, and long-term planning, and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of team members, external stakeholders, and the public. The applicant will need to demonstrate a high standard of service and communication.
- Provide respectful, timely communication with clients, stakeholders, and the public
- Contribute to the writing, editing, design, production, and distribution of communications (e.g., emails, documents) and educational materials
- Assist in the design, management, and maintenance of the medSask and CPDPP websites
- Strategize and manage social media channels
- Coordinate and plan educational events
- Contribute to a respectful, collaborative, and productive team culture
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director
Degree in Communication or equivalent.
- Each of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working within a post-secondary and/or healthcare related environment
- Knowledge of University of Saskatchewan policies and procedures, as well as Unifi, Concur, Canvas, SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp, and Cascade
- Exceptional working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Kofax
- Marketing or social media training or experience
- Experience with website development, design, and maintenance
Strong evidence of relationship building, demonstrated professional maturity, judgement, and decisiveness
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment within multiple teams
- Possesses an innovative and creative mindset with a positive outlook and enjoyment of challenge and complexity
- Proven ability to work effectively with decision-makers to achieve solutions to unique and complex problems
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Danielle Larocque at via Isarta
Department: College of Pharmacy &Nutrition
Employment Group: ASPA
Shift: M-F 8:30-4:30
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $64,107.00 - 100,169.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Specialist Professional
Salary Phase/Band: Phase 2
Posted Date: 10/28/2022
Closing Date: 11/3/2022
Number of Openings: 1
Work Location: May be eligible for hybrid work under the terms of USask's Alternative Workspace Guidelines
The successful applicant will be required to provide the following current verification(s) where 'Yes' is indicated below. Further information is available at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Criminal Record Check: Not Applicable
Driver's License and Abstract Check: Not Applicable
Education/Credential Verification: Not Applicable
Vulnerable Sector Check: Not Applicable
Please review the University of Saskatchewan's health and safety requirements for faculty, staff and students in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request. The University of Saskatchewan's main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.