Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Equity in the business: Share in HomeStars' success with a $5,000USD/year grant
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Monthly wellness activities to support your mental and physical health
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball The Opportunity:
- There are thousands of high-quality home-service providers in Canada, and millions of homeowners in need of a range of services from small maintenance tasks to home additions and more. Our mission is to connect these two audiences, giving homeowners the resources they need to plan and execute their vision, and giving service providers the tools and incremental revenue opportunities to make their businesses thrive. We are looking for a creative and data-literate junior digital marketing specialist to join our team and help us achieve this
- As a junior digital marketing specialist at HomeStars you will be a key contributor to the marketing team to help empower homeowners and service professionals to make the right connections. You will execute a paid marketing strategy focused on delivering growth and acquiring new users for the platform, using a combination of digital media platforms and tools Your typical day at HomeStars:
- Assist the growth of B2C customer acquisition through paid marketing channels
- Assist in managing budgets and meeting CPA targets on paid acquisition channels
- Contribute to a growth strategy for new and existing paid marketing channels
- Increase conversion rates through A/B testing Must-have qualifications:
- 1 year of paid search/SEM experience with a proven track record of optimizing towards a target CPA1 Years experience with google analytics
- Ability to do keyword research on a national and city-wide scale
- Ability track and maintain budgets across campaigns and on multiple platforms
- Experience optimizing campaigns using copy, landing page, keyword and bid strategy testing with a proven track record of success
- Ability to pull reports and provide insights on campaign performance
- Successfully completed Google AdWords certification Nice to have:
- Experience with Excel (V lookups, Pivot Tables)Skilled at building out search campaigns on Google AdWords and paid advertising campaigns on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Basic understanding of Tableau
- Agency experience
- Experience with Canva
- Manipulating email marketing lists for advertising
- Experience with Salesforce, and Pardot
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Zapier About HomeStars
HomeStars is Canada's leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: We're invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
We're Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® CertifiedTM
Best Workplaces in Technology 2022
Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work, Canada 2022
Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2021
Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
Best Workplaces for Today's Youth, Canada 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.