Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
The Marketing Art Lead drives the development of engaging assets and visual identities for both our games and the studio, within the framework established by the Studio Art Director. They work closely with stakeholders from the Communications, Talent, Studio Operations, Art, and Production teams who co-own external & internal studio messaging and channels. You will share the responsibility not only for delivering striking visual designs across a wide variety of projects and media (game key art; screenshots; social media content; corporate brand collaterals; giveaway materials, etc.), but also for managing external design partners that will be called in on a per-need basis to augment your skillset (web design agency; motion designer; merch manufacturing company, etc.). This role may also require you to liaise from time to time with our external publishing partners and work with them on key promotional assets.
- Become BBI's resident branding expert and the custodian of our visual language, in partnership with the Studio Art Director
- Develop, then roll out, brand identities for our upcoming original IPs
- Improve and expand upon current studio marketing materials and branding, whether external or internal-facing: website, public newsletter, new employee handbook, recruitment ads, design of custom promotional materials, and more
- Create accessible guidelines, style guides, and asset packs that will empower Blackbird creatives to contribute and build upon your work
- Help create and optimize engaging original content, tailored to a variety of platforms and their unique specificities. This includes TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Instagram, and Twitch, along with the flexibility to learn the effective use of future social media platforms.
- Be an excellent partner for the dev teams, working in close partnership with them to flesh out the tone and style of marketing assets
- Help with marketing asset requests from publishers
- Offer a supportive yet critical eye during the production of marketing assets led by external publishing partners
- Manage creative projects calling for the help of external design partners and agencies
- Keep an eye out for talented designers who would be a worthwhile addition to our network of freelancers, and may later on join the studio to grow your team
- Help us stay current with best practices, new channels, ideas, and technologies in brand marketing
- 5+ years in related positions - preferably within video game or entertainment industries
- Portfolio demonstrating graphic design expertise across a wide variety of mediums, both physical and digital
- Creative project management experience involving directing freelancers, agencies etc
- Established network of preferred external agencies, design partners, freelancers etc
- Robust organizational, prioritization, and self-management skills
- Active listener and positive team player
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Gameplay capture and video editing skills
- A level of familiarity with 3D software / 3D content creation pipelines, in order to export and pose in-game models for marketing needs etc
- Deep love of typography
- Experience building and/or leading a small team
- Data-driven and KPI-minded approach to content creation
- Copywriting acumen, including developing brand voice
- Decent knowledge of the independent and PC video game market
VACATION & EXTRAS
- 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
- Mentorship program
- Skunkworks internal game jam program
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 11 paid stat holidays
- 3 paid days per year for professional development
- December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
- Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
- Life insurance
- $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
- RRSP matching up to $1500
- Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don't perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the x?m??k??y??m (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and s?l?ílw?ta?? /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Follow us: Discord Twitter Insta FB Linkedin