We build open-source software that addresses the operational and security
challenges of managing cloud native platforms like Kubernetes, while providing
DevOps teams with integrated tools for running containerized workloads. Our
flagship product Rancher Manager has over 100 million downloads to date and is managing mission critical services at Fortune 500 companies and many other organizations large and small around the world.
SUSE's open source approach helps our customers and partners move their
businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster
Objective of the role
Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating and building modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure to help people understand and use SUSE's cloud native projects. They enjoy and are adept at working with community members, open source contributors , talented engineers, fellow technical writers, and developer advocates in developing and maintaining software documentation. They will have open source development experience, a passion for community engagement, and experience working collaboratively across teams and disciplines.
In this role, you will work with a team of talented and motivated engineers,
technical writers, developer advocates, and managers to develop effective documentation for SUSE's cloud native projects, which include Rancher, k3s, Rancher Desktop, Kubewarden, and many other projects.
- Work with Cross functional teams to understand product features, changes and develop effective documentation in a timely manner
- Partner with subject matter experts to document complex architectural details, develop reference guides
- Collaborate with fellow team members to develop efficient processes that allow the Documentation team to support multiple project needs
- Develop best practices that can be used across projects to achieve consolidation/standardization
- Explore and implement documentation tools/frameworks to help continuously simplify internal processes and improve user experience
Experience & Skills
- Typically a First Level University degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or related technical/communications field and a minimum of 3+ years related experience
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style of writing
- Expertise in technologies that support Cloud Native Development
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts in a simplified form
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of tools and technologies to support multiple technologies.
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and enterprise-grade open source solutions, relied upon by more than 60% of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Enterprise Linux, Kubernetes Management, and Edge solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere -- from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE puts the ?open? back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company is headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, and employs nearly 2000 people globally. SUSE is listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.