To see the full job description, please visit: https://ubc.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ubcstaffjobs/job/Executive-Director--Talent-Acquisition_JR10203
The Executive Director, Talent Acquisition is responsible for the strategic leadership of advancing and mobilizing the Talent Acquisition Centre of Excellence by developing and implementing effective Talent Acquisition best practices and programs to improve the consistency and efficiency of our talent acquisition functions. This role will establish deep relationships with key individuals and stakeholders throughout the university including UBCO to ensure solutions and initiatives are effectively designed and implemented to achieve improved delivery, collaboration and consistency to talent acquisition.
The Executive Director, Talent Acquisition will also create, implement and launch new programs that meet the workforce needs, business strategies, and anticipate appropriate responses to talent acquisition trends. This role acts as a strategic advisor, functional expert and coach to the management teams as it relates to talent acquisition. The role will utilize data and metrics to develop predictive analytics needed to allow for greater informed decisions by business leaders and senior HR leaders.
Additionally, this role is responsible for the creation and execution of programming and streamlined protocols to establish and enhance the internal candidate experience. In partnership with the Executive Director, HR Operational Excellence, this role will identify business process issues related to Workday Recruiting and support an effective solution to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
Reports to the Associate Vice-President Communities of Expertise. Strategically partners and works with senior leaders within the Central Human Resources Department, and senior leadership distributed throughout the human resource portfolios and across campus. Provides strategic oversight to a team of management, professional and support staff providing expert resources and client services in the areas of talent acquisition.
Liaises with local union and association representatives as required and in consultation with the Employee Relations and Faculty Relations teams. Liaises externally with government agencies, counterparts at other comparable public and private sector organizations, and third-party providers such as legal counsel and consultants.
- Develops, leads, and delivers on the strategic framework for the Talent Acquisition Centre of Excellence (?CoE?), including the creation of a strong vision, developing and implementing an effective university-wide recruitment strategy, integrating new revenue streams, nurturing business relationships to develop a proactive and diverse pipeline of candidates, providing strategic oversight and consistent governance of talent acquisition standards of practices, and promoting education and awareness initiatives across academic and administrative units;
- Strategic oversight and consistent governance of talent acquisition standards of practices and implementing university-wide policy rollout as directed by UBC Executives;
- Leads, plans, and delivers a talent acquisition and engagement model that aligns with the university's goals as it pertains to the Inclusion Action Plan, Indigenous Strategic Plan, Anti-Racism & Inclusive Excellence Plan, Focus on People Plan and human resources priorities;
- Creates and leads an integrated service delivery model through leadership of the selection and retention of Talent Acquisition team members. Responsible to manage, motivate and inspire a high performing Talent Acquisition team, while creating a results-oriented environment that produces outcomes through discretionary efforts of the team.
- Cultivates partnerships with Academic Deans and Department Heads and heads of administrative units to enable cross-functional consistent and standardized delivery of talent acquisition services;
- Consults and collaborates with the Senior HR leadership network and stakeholders on the design of staff and faculty recruitment, selection, onboarding and retention programs and policies while applying deep knowledge of equity, diversity and inclusion to drive inclusive hiring practices around all talent acquisition;
- Fosters relationships across Human Resources to develop the talent acquisition expertise of HR professionals, and to implement UBC's talent acquisition strategy;
- Offers senior level knowledge and strategic insights consistent with human resource best practices to senior human resource and people leaders in faculties and departments;
- Diagnoses and understands the talent needs within faculties and departments, then partner with those leaders to identify a talent acquisition solution to fill the talent gaps with high quality talent;
- Establishes community partnerships pertaining to talent acquisition and executing the UBC Board of Governors directives and programs pertaining to any reconciliation agreements between the university and the Musqueam nation pertaining to employment;
- Utilizes trends and past experiences in building a progressive communication and marketing plan for the Talent Acquisition CoE. Provides oversight of talent acquisition social media presence and social media recruitment in partnership with UBC Brand;
- Develops and implements new sourcing strategies and continuously evaluate existing methods to build a solid pipeline of qualified and diverse talent pool;
- Oversees the development of analytic-based goals and objectives, metric-based reporting, business driven solutions, and recommending improvements;
- Analyzes and monitors recruitment trends, emerging practices and benchmarking data to stimulate future recruitment activity and improve the overall candidate experience;
- Continuously conducts quality and experiential assessments of talent acquisition infrastructure, technology, and systems to maintain high quality standards and ensures all available resources are used for maximum effectiveness;
- Creates and executes of programming and streamlined protocols to establish and enhance the overall candidate experience in a centralized and decentralized structure;
- Identifies, assesses, and partners with HR Operational Excellence and Integrated Service Centre to implement improvements and efficiencies to the Workday talent acquisition business process;
- Develops and maintains relationships with preferred vendors related to recruitment agency support and manages the RFP process for the selection of preferred vendors. Reviews and is responsible for written agreements with partners and external suppliers pertaining to the above RFP and associated agreements;
- Develops community partnerships pertaining to talent acquisition and executing the directives and programs pertaining to any reconciliation agreements between the university and the Musqueam nation pertaining to employment;
Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Possess and demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset to develop new revenue streams and assess the return on investment on existing programs to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience creating a vision for and transforming Talent Acquisition functions.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically, and from an organizational perspective, and to translate into practical, implementable solutions appropriate to the university context.
- Proven leadership experience to transform talent acquisition teams into high performing results-oriented and action-driven teams. Able to set clear objectives and inspire the team to reach their highest potential.
- Driven to take on new challenges with the self-motivation for continuous personal and team development.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and maximize effectiveness of work.
- Ability to foster and identify new business relationships to develop diverse pipelines.
- Thorough knowledge of current employment and labour regulations and statutes as well as process and relevant collective agreements.
- Broad knowledge of the public sector and, preferably, of universities.
- Ability to foster innovative practices and support a culture of innovation, including taking risks and fostering risk taking in others.
- Demonstrated experience in predictive analytics outcomes.
- Extensive functional and industry knowledge of and experience with Workday including security and reporting tools.
- Leadership inclusive facilitation experience to drive senior-level alignment for change. Able to collaborate and partner effectively with diverse senior leadership in the university.
- Ability to lead and influence people without formal authority.
- Proven time management and decision-making skills, with expert analytical and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing timelines effectively.
- Ability to research and analyze complex information, identify trends, and develop policies, programs, and strategies that meet the needs and interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with empathy, understanding and respect of diverse and divergent perspectives and behaviours.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum of 10 years of related experience in Talent Acquisition, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Human Resources related experience including managerial experience and leading human resource management teams in complex multi-union environments or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPHR designation
- Comprehensive experience in full recruitment lifecycle, pipeline and branding strategies. Experience in large complex and dynamic environments managing technology, metrics, process change efforts, across various faculties/departments and service lines to meet goals and deadlines.