Position Title: Advisor, Global HRBP
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 18019
For us, for family
We know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, in a way that reflects our values.
Based in North America, the Advisor, HRBP will be a critical support to the Global HR Business Partner team and Global Functions.
How You'll Add Value
- Ensure the timely and effective delivery of human resource core services, programs, and initiatives. You will create an employee engagement plan and partmer with HR Business partners as well as operational leaders to execute.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of various HR initiatives including employee engagement, compensation programs, talent management, performance management, attendance management, etc.
- Be the link and draw connections to, HR work and talent strategy across global functions and pillars.
- Help execute local recruitment efforts, such as maintaining job requisitions, running talent acquisition events, proactively sourcing candidates, and developing / maintaining the local candidate pool(s)
- In partnership with HRBPs, own and lead the delivery of talent development initiatives, including planning, logistics, reviews and learning programs to ensure best-in-class development experience for participants.
- Lead for centralized communications for HR programs (including town hall content)
- Work closely with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition and Campus Leader to manage and support the development and execution of apprentice and rotational programs globally.
- Manage employee movement and contract management, including the updating / changing of personal and individual work data
- Collect metrics and develop reports detailing the success of initiatives and possible growth opportunities for the department and organization.
- Data validation prior to launch of global programs (Code of conduct, Engagement, Compensation, Learning programs, etc)
- Facilitation of standard training (onboarding, performance at McCain, Rewards & Incentive training, DE&I workshops, Great People Leader modules)
- Facilitation of focus groups for engagement and team action planning sessions Collaborating with Centres of Expertise, regional HRBPs and the Employee Experience Centre (HR Operations)
- Support a performance-based culture that promotes and utilizes McCain best practices in collaboration with functional business leaders
- Lead and participate in key projects to drive HR strategies and improve our business that align to business strategic imperatives
- Influence and communicate with all levels of the organization, from Production team members to Senior Leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field. CHRP designation considered an asset
- 3-5 years' of experience in Human Resources, preferably as a HR Generalist
- Experience in developing or executing HR projects in any of the following domains - learning, talent development, DE&I, Culture, etc
- Strong knowledge in Excel, ability to create pivot tables, experience with LOOKUP functions
- Drive results in a fast paced, agile manner with a strong orientation towards solutions
- Manage multiple priorities in a complex environment effectively
- Partner with stakeholders across different levels, identify organizational needs and design appropriate solutions
- Ability to be a strong employee advocate while maintaining company values
- Apply HR knowledge / experience across HR policies, programs, processes, and functions
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to effectively facilitate, communicate verbally and in writing with impact and handle confidential information
- Working knowledge of HR systems is beneficial, particularly SAP and SuccessFactors
- Must have the ability to adapt to a consistently changing environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, able to work comfortably and provide counsel to all employees
- Excellent knowledge of labour legislation, familiarity with food services would be an asset.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and follow directions
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: Global Human Resources
Department : Global HR and Organizational Development
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)