You are a dynamic intermediate-level marketing and communications practitioner who has a genuine interest in energy efficiency, emissions reductions, and sustainability. You are keen to work with a small team to help define how we approach marketing communications to grow the impact of our work. You take initiative and are able to manage the workflow of multiple projects with a variety of collaborators contributing to writing, editing, graphic design and web development. You are happy with a wide range of tasks on any given day, from writing for proposals, to doing quality assurance on a new suite of web development changes. You are receptive and adaptive to feedback when approaches or timelines change.
THE MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST ROLE
The Marketing Communications Specialist leads and coordinates all marketing communications activities for Prism and our sister company, PUMA Utility Monitoring. In this role, you will develop key messages, write content and produce materials used to communicate across various channels to optimize engagement with our target markets. You will report to Prism's Director of Marketing and work closely with other members of the Prism's Marketing Team and staff.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Overall coordination of marketing communications:
- Lead marketing communications activities, in consultation with the Director of Marketing, including implementing and tracking plans and actions outlined in our 5-year Marketing Plan.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to develop our overall brand
- Review and edit all marketing communication materials
- Support marketing communications activities for PUMA
- Develop and manage marketing communications budget
- Advise and educate Prism staff how to leverage marketing communications
- Provide marketing tools and develop material to support Prism Service Area Leads (SALs) build and grow their areas of business
- Understand and clearly articulate Prism's value proposition, services, and our purpose.
- Ensure consistent use of branding in all communications materials
- Provide backup support to our Proposal Coordinator
- Provide support for other marketing activities as required by the Director of Marketing
Editorial planning and content development:
- Lead the development of editorial calendar in collaboration with other members of the Marketing Team to support strategic priorities
- Write and produce content for all communication channels including quarterly newsletters, case studies, brochures, proposals, templates, service 2-pagers and other collateral. Materials may be online and/or print.
- Coordinate, edit, and send quarterly newsletter to target contacts (example here: https://mailchi.mp/prismengineering/fall2022?e=cc0ebda2e3)
- Coordinate, edit, and send annual PUMA newsletter
- Write creative briefs and work with videographers to produce branded videos.
- Refresh company wide email signature messaging quarterly
- Collaborate with other stakeholders and staff contributors to develop key messages and content.
Digital marketing and website management:
- Manage strategy and content for Prism's website, including
-Create monthly news item on website
-Calendar updates on website for Prism led training sessions
-Update web content with new marketing collateral and case studies
- Manage strategy and content for Prism's social media accounts (Linkedin, Twitter)
- Track performance of the website, social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Manage our quarterly newsletter contact database
- Identify and strategically incorporate trends in digital media
Public relations, advertising and sponsorship
- Identify and recommend appropriate advertising channels and sponsorship opportunities such as industry/association events, conferences, trade shows and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate Prism participation in community and industry events.
- Coordinate with Prism staff contributors to produce articles as needed for industry publications and awards.
- Support logistics and planning for client events, as applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Core competencies required in this role:
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreading.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, keenness to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Ability to produce content for a wide variety of audiences across various communications channels.
- Ability to translate technical information into relatable and easy to understand stories and case studies.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms (including Mailchimp, Sprout Social, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics), MS Office applications, and CRM system.
- Skilled with using WordPress and Squarespace.
The following qualifications, experience and competencies are considered major assets:
- A degree or diploma in Marketing Management, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent.
- Equivalent to at least 5 years of work experience in the field, preferably in the technical professional services environment.
- Basic HTML/CSS and use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- An interest in engineering, STEM, sustainability, climate action or waste reduction.
This is a 40-hour per week salaried position but is open for flexible working arrangements, including reduced working hours to no less than 32 hours per week. The role will be primarily based in our Burnaby, BC office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified persons coming from diverse backgrounds.
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Put your outstanding skills to use with a company that advocates work-life-balance, promotes a growth mindset and values work that creates a greener, more energy efficient world.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest on or before November 20, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately not able to accommodate phone calls.