COMMUNICATIONS & BRAND MARKETING DIRECTOR
Nudestix is a global fast growing, entrepreneurial color cosmetics brand founded by beauty veteran Jenny Frankel and her two daughters, Taylor and Ally Frankel. Nudestix offers a collection of easy-to-apply, no fuss multipurpose Stix in nude shades. The brand's motto ?go nude but better? emphasizes the ?less is more? philosophy of using makeup to enhance one's unique beauty rather than covering it up.
At Nudestix, we believe in a natural look is a perfect fit for any face. We're all born with our
own unique look, so why cover it up with tons of makeup? A touch of color here and there is
enough to bring out our finest features, so out with the crazy big collection and in with our
minimalist makeup Stix for face, eyes and lips. In 2020, Nudestix launched Nudeskin; clean,
simple, vegan powered skincare for nude-faced confidence.
A few of Nudestix Accolades...
WWD Best Prestige Beauty Brand 2015 CEW Best New Indie Beauty Brand 2015 Over 20 global product awards
2021: LinkedIn Top Start-ups: The 15 companies on the Rise
Forbes: Top 30 under 30 nomination
NUDESTIX is currently looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and results-driven Communications & Brand Marketing Director to join the Marketing Team in Toronto, Canada to cover a maternity leave. This is an 18-month maternity leave contract position. You will lead global brand communication strategies & brand marketing activities while being respectful of budgets, including management, planning and executing press and media strategies with our global press and influencer agencies, retailer press teams, brand collaborations, and community events. You'll strategically identify marketing activations and media opportunities to elevate brand awareness, launch campaigns, and drive sales across nudestix.com, social shopping, and global omnichannel retail. Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring a strong online and offline brand presence.
You love everything beauty, well-curated content, and communication; traditional and digital media to drive community love of Nudestix products. You want to be a part of an award-winning, dynamic and hyper-growth Canadian brand.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty. The qualities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The Brand Marketing & Communications Director role reports directly into founders, Jenny & Taylor Frankel.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage global press agencies to develop communication strategies to support brand awareness, product launches, drive sales, increase founder visibility and credibility, elevate business profile, and build community events to drive engagement. Set objectives for the PR team and monitor team members' performance.
- Work closely with marketing teams and retailer press teams to develop communication strategies to support brand awareness, product launches, drive sales, increase founder influence, elevate business profile, and build community events to drive engagement
- Manage paid and earned influencers and influencer agencies to develop contracts, content and communication strategies to support brand awareness, product launches, drive sales, increase founder influence, elevate business profile, and build community events to drive engagement
- Work closely with like-minded brands to develop communication and collaboration strategies to support brand awareness, product launches, drive sales, increase founder influence, elevate business profile, and build community events to drive engagement
- Manage press and influencer seeding/sampling programs and budgets
- Work with the Operations team on sampling box programs for product selection and marketing amplification (i.e. Fab Fit Fun, Boxycharm, Ipsy, AIA Awards)
- Monitor on weekly and monthly basis media coverage and report results accordingly
- Work with the internal social marketing team to support Nudestix and the retailer's platform to drive traffic and maximize brand presence on various social channels
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media and influential professionals
- Support directly Canada-based media, interviews and events to promote our company and its products/services
- Work cross-functionally with digital marketing, retail marketing, social media, and creative to support brand activations.
- Ensure brand consistency in all media efforts
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain the company's good reputation
- Oversee Nudestix.com blog strategy and editorial calendar
- Manage junior PR team to lead Nude Squad Affiliate Program, support agency partners and influencer programs, execute UGC campaigns, and overall team job functions
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of Press and Media Management experience
- Strong communication and copywriting skills
- Content-driven and experience in developing successful traditional press and online media opportunities
- Digitally savvy: uses digital and social media, knowledge of the beauty industry
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-starter, able to work in a start-up, capable of taking initiative to identify & resolve problems
- Proven ability to work & collaborate with cross-functional team
- Strong time management skills, deadline-oriented and results-driven and the ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
WHY WORK WITH US
- Casual dress code
- Flexible office working hours*
- Hybrid WFH role*
- Annual Sick Day allowance
- Mental health
- flex days
- Wellness allowance
- Family first philosophy
- Gourmet coffee/hot beverages in office
- Monthly celebrated birthdays and events when in office
- Training and education reimbursement opportunities
- Company social events & sports teams*
- Annual free product allowance
- Opportunity to attend conferences and events*
- Professional growth opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits for individual and family plans
*subject to change & approvals may be required
Nudestix is an equal-opportunity employer committed to nurturing a diverse, inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If this job description resonates with you, we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the skills and qualifications. We're happy to review all possible candidates and see what you bring to the table! Please submit your application.