Requisition ID: 323720
Position Number: 20035171
Posting End Date: November 09, 2022
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Clinical Programs Admin - CMO
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under general direction and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of the St. Boniface General Hospital, the EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT is responsible for providing comprehensive and confidential administrative and secretarial support directly to an Executive Director.
- Four(4) years secretarial and administrative experience, preferably working for an Executive in a large health care organization.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized administrative assistant or executive assistant program.
- Additional courses in business administration or human resource management would be an asset.
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of current and related software including spreadsheets, data bases, word processing, power point, internet and email applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand French as asset.
Qualifications And Skills
- Keyboarding speed: 65 wpm
- Ability to take notes and minutes on a laptop.
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Mature, professional manner.
- Ability to work with initiative.
- Must possess tact and diplomacy.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt readily to stressful situations and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.