Department/Program : Dartmouth Community Mental Health , Mental Health & Addictions Program
Type of Employment: Casual Relief x 2 position(s)
Req ID: 131912
Union Status: NSGEU Off&Cler , Admin Professionals Bargaining Unit
Compensation: $ 20.3648 - $ 23.1417 /hour
Closing Date:November 13, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
IWK Health is an internationally recognized and respected academic health sciences centre located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care for two million women, children, youth and families across the Atlantic region. IWK Health is committed to employment equity and the reduction of barriers to employment and career growth. We encourage all who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
Reporting to the Manager, Community Mental Health, Mental Health & Addictions, the Administrative Assistant II (AAII) provides high quality administrative and organizational support to staff and other Team/Department members as assigned. The AAII is vital to the efficient operation and work of the Team/Department and is able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The AAII is able to function independently prioritizing and dealing with time constraints and multi-tasks without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail. They are supportive to the IWK's commitment to Family Centred Care by ensuring a welcoming environment is provided to the children, youth and families receiving care in the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
- Acts as general administrative support to members of the team.
- Responds to patient inquiries.
- Completes follow up and reminder calls.
- Processes Choice/Partnership correspondence.
- Attend meetings, take and produce minutes as required.
- Maintains Team/Department communication. Actively anticipates and troubleshoots problems.
- Answers phone calls, relays messages and refers calls with follow up, as appropriate.
- Prepares files for patient visits, maintains clinic filing.
- Types/transcribes reports, correspondence, photocopy and distribute accordingly.
- Maintains database(s) and reference materials for Team/Department Establishes and maintains office filing system, manuals and records to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of material.
- Coordinates appointments and schedules for various clinicians within the Team/Department.
- Books/coordinates clinics, Telehealth and meetings (rooms & equipment).
- Arranges travel including booking and expense recovery, as requested.
- Provide reception duties and patient registration duties patient visits.
- Acts as point of contact for residents and learners in the Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
Hours of Work
Shifts are Monday - Friday and some evening hours if required
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Graduate from a recognized Office Administration Program required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a related administrative role required
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office programs required
- Keyboarding skills minimum of 60 wpm required, (testing may be conducted on candidates)
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology an asset
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated ability to respectfully work with a variety of inter-professional team members required
- High degree of initiative, diligence, attention to detail, and self-discipline/focus
- Commitment to continual learning and willing to share knowledge and support the development of co-workers
- Demonstrated commitment to Family Centred Care required
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills required
- Experience in MEDITECH, SAP, and/or data entry an asset.
- Competencies in other languages an asset; French preferred.
Thank you for your interest in IWK Health. We will only contact those applicants selected for interview/testing. Applicants we invite to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) have the right to request accommodation. Please discuss your needs when invited to the assessment process.
Please note: our offer of employment is conditional upon the completion and satisfactory results of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
Additionally, as per Nova Scotia's COVID-19 Vaccine mandate, any offer of employment will be conditional upon submitting proof of full vaccination status. Medical exceptions or any other kind of requested exception based upon the Health Centre's obligations pursuant to the Nova Scotia Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Thank you for your interest with IWK Health. Please sign in to create a profile and set-up Job Alerts for positions of interest.
I f you are an employee of IWK Health, please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.