Business areas: Nestle Professional
Job title: Business Development Representative
Position Grade: 16
A Little Bit About Us
Nestlé Professional is the global foodservice leader in developing and manufacturing innovative food and beverage solutions, and beverage equipment systems that enable foodservice operators across all channels to delight their customers and grow their businesses. We are the trusted Partner of Choice in the Out of Home Channel, providing category and channel expertise to our foodservice accounts. As a company, we support your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative based out of Calgary or Edmonton location and reporting into the Regional Sales Manager. This role contributes to Nestle Professional success by achieving sales and profit objectives through attracting and acquiring new food service business by leveraging strategic relationships within a geographic territory.
A day in the life of a Business Development Representative:
- Lead business development across the Nestle Professional portfolio. Evaluate customers priorities / objectives and provide recommended business solutions to develop strategic partnerships and generate sales.
- Promote and sell product portfolio / initiatives through direct customer contacts, developed opportunities and regional distribution leads. Ensure accurate and updated sales funnel (pipeline), tracking business development activities from lead, to opportunity and close. Work collaboratively with marketing and finance to achieve OMP goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Work collaboratively with and manages and participates in effective communication and relationship development with filed sales team; territory sales representatives, ISAR, trade assets, and customer service
- Ensure profitability by effectively managing asset cost and allocation among new and existing customers.
- Deep industry knowledge of key segments, including but not limited to, lodging, healthcare, college and university, travel and grocery.
- Provide and manage customer support as required based on territory and business need.
What will make you successful?
As the successful candidate you will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team to drive business results. You will be able to analyze problems and provide solutions while balancing multiple priorities with the ability to deliver customer satisfaction that results in referrals, references and repeat business.
You will also have:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or completion of a college diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Food Service industry, including knowledge of distribution
- Knowledge of business planning and financial performance measures
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to all levels
- Ability to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends when required
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) considered an asset
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression - this really could be a move towards the exciting sales career you've always wanted.
What You Need To Know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you'd expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.