Royal Bank Building - 335 - 8th Avenue SW
Within our office business, this conviction guides every aspect of our work. Our signature structures not only define skylines but are also true destinations - bringing together office areas, retail spaces, and dining options all in one. And our high-end design capabilities and strong sustainability practices allow us to create properties that raise the bar for real estate everywhere. It's why the world's most respected businesses, non-profits, and start-ups choose us as their partner.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
This front-line position is responsible for providing exceptional reception and administrative services to the team at Bankers Hall. The ideal candidate will be able to understand and emulate Brookfield's Commitment to Outstanding Service by providing this level of service to all internal and external customers on the phone and in person. This position demands flexibility and a high degree of organizational skills to manage a variety of priorities and changing deadlines.
- Provide reception services including greeting, screening, directing visitors, and telephone calls. Handling telephone messages and receiving/redirecting incoming mail, faxes, deliveries, and courier packages. Managing email ensuring that all requests are actioned professionally and in a timely manner.
- Manage the office inventories to include:
- Kitchen Supplies
- Tickle Trunk
- Appreciation Gift Cards
- Work with the Assistant Manager, Tenant Services to order supplies as required
- Maintain tidiness of kitchen, boardroom, printer, filing, and reception areas
- Maintain the office filing system ensuring that the filing area is organized on a weekly basis.
- Manage the database of contacts both for tenants & contractors ensuring that contact lists kept current and are audited quarterly. This includes inputting contact information in LiveSafe and managing that database
- Meeting Coordination:
- Maintain meeting schedules for the boardrooms ensuring that the rooms are cleaned and ready before each meeting
- Set up the laptop as and when required
- Place catering orders when requested to do so
- Managing RSVPs for various events
- Assist assigned manager in coordination of ?First Friday? and other staff events
- Administrative support:
- Prepare letters, memos, mail merges, spreadsheets, and other documents when requested
- Take minutes at meetings when required and ensure that minutes are prepared in a timely fashion post meeting
- Communicate and schedule with contractors regarding food court tenant monthly maintenance and update the monthly tracker.
- Manage the tenant anniversary database ensuring that anniversary cards are prepared & gifts are ordered
- Manage registration for BOMA events & annual membership renewals for BOMA members
- Preparation of staff birthday, life events, leaving cards & gifts
- Accounting Support:
- Prepare purchase orders for departments when required
- Processing of payables in Yardi specifically for administration & security but also other departments when needed
- Reconciliation & submission of P-card & T&E card reports monthly for multiple departments
- Collection of monthly Retail Sales Reports and input into Yardi
- Accrual preparation
- Work Authorization Permits
- Process and track all access permits, related insurance certificates, and WCB clearance letters same day of receipt of the permit
- Distribution of approved permits daily
- Send a copy of the approved permit to the requestor
- Handle incomplete permits, invalid insurance, and WCB with the requestor working towards a successful outcome
- Ensure an accurate filing system for both permits and insurance documents
- Monitor Angus throughout the day to ensure tenant requests are completed within benchmarking schedules, following up with technicians as and when required
- Contract Portal:
- Monitor contracts and insurance certificates in the Contract Portal
- Ensure that the managers of the individual contracts are notified of upcoming expiration dates
- Note any feedback from the manager on the renewal decision
- Upload new approved contracts and insurance documents to the portal
- Back-up support for other department administrative assistant roles.
- Deputizes for the Operations Administration Assistant & Tenant Services Coordinator when needed
- Assist with various special projects
- Other duties as assigned
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills (oral & written).
- Strong service orientation.
- Mature with high standards of professionalism.
- Friendly, courteous telephone manner is essential.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to manage competing priorities; have the ability to prioritize tasks and respond pro-actively
- Must be able to deal with simultaneously occurring issues that might be competing for time while maintaining a calm environment for both internal and external clients
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills is essential, as well as possession of analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to determine client requirements and provide solutions to urgent needs
- Ability to deal with issues that are confidential and sensitive in nature requiring professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Experience & Technical Skills
- Minimum of six (6) years of administration experience
- Strong customer service experience required
- Receptionist and administrative assistant experience required
- Yardi/Accounts Payable experience is an asset
- Angus experience is an asset
- Excellent computer skills with experience in PowerPoint, graphic software, and MS Office including Adobe.
- Excellent telephone manners and customer service skills
- Ability to learn new technical software
- Aptitude to multi-task and deadline oriented
- Knowledge of telephone systems
Education / Designations / Licenses
- Post-high school business administration qualification, or equivalent years of experience
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.