Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 23,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Anticipate the needs of the VP TD&L and make decisions that contribute to and support the efficient, effective and well-organized running of their office and work
- Ensure the VP TD&L is well prepped for meetings in advance and has necessary information and documents relating to the meetings
- Provide a confidential comprehensive administrative support service including reviewing and assessing incoming email and other correspondences, assisting with the preparation of sensitive documents, drafting presentations, composing routine correspondence, maintaining documents and editing memos, and other policy documents
- Manage the calendar of the VP TD&L scheduling appointments and meetings on their behalf, ensuring sufficient work time and addressing scheduling conflicts
- Manage all details for travel, including intricate travel details including flight, VISAs (as necessary), accommodations, time zone considerations, and on the ground travel requirements. Ensure that all details, while traveling, is handled as well as on-site assistance and presence is available.
- Proactively find solutions to problems and assist with the ongoing improvement of the team
- Assist and support other Nutrien Executives, Executive Assistants and Administrators as needed and on occasion provide vacation coverage
- Be responsible for communicating updates, information, and changes as it pertains to the TD&L team
- Responsible for distributing meeting material and assisting with TD&L hosted meeting preparedness
- Work with members of Brand & Culture Communications to develop and ensure communications on behalf of the VP, TD&L and team are aligned and arranged for distribution on their behalf across Nutrien
- Oversee the expenditures of the TD&L team and participate in the annual budgeting process for the department including budget prep and forecasting for team expenditures
- Responsible for the purchasing and availability of office equipment and supplies for the TD&L team across sites we're located in, to ensure office and/or department functionality and preparedness
- Process expenses for the VP, TD&L as well as for direct reports
- Serve as the liaison for the VP, TD&L on both internal meetings and with external stakeholders
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the VP, TD&L as well as the team as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, including document preparation, setting agenda, recording meetings, taking meeting minutes, action items and follow-up on any tasks, take-aways, or communications
- Coordinate arrangements of external guests and their travel and accommodation while on the premise
Project Management & Reporting
- Manage the status, resources, and timelines for projects as needed and work with relevant project teams to provide updates on issues and progress to ensure the TD&L team is fully briefed
- Assist with the drafting, tracking, updating of key performance metrics for the team
- Prepare reports and presentations in support of the VP, TD&L by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide assistance and support to the VP, TD&L and the team with the roll out and implementation of key Nutrien programs
- Manage the logistics planning, coordination and execution of both internal and external events (i.e., celebrations, townhalls, trainings) including advance preparation of necessary materials and follow up materials where necessary
What you will bring:
- An Associate or College certificate or equivalent training in Business, Communication or another related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience providing comprehensive and confidential administration support for senior management level
- Possesses strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform, and take ownership of the position, as well as to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Adept at building strong and trusted relationships with a broad range of people both internally and externally
- Demonstrated professionalism and maturity in interactions and the ability to apply sound judgement in a variety of situations
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, editing and oral communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to prioritize, and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent results orientated team player with the ability and willingness to assume hands-on roles
- Working knowledge of SAP and Oracle ERP systems and asset
- Highly proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Outlook
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran