Type of Posting: Internal & External
Location Name: City of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
Date Posted: November 7, 2022
Closing Date: November 20, 2022
Profession: Human Resources
Experience Level(s): Intermediate
Desired Employment Status: 1 Permanent and 1 full-time term for up to 1 year
Education Level(s): University Degree
Job ID: 925
Do you have an analytical mind? Are you interested in metrics, automation and technology? The City of Regina is currently recruiting for 2 Human Resource Analysts. We are looking for people who think critically, and are comfortable in conducting research, and providing recommendations on complex issues that arise within HR management systems. The ideal candidates are solution focused, detail oriented, accuracy driven and highly self-motivated. This position requires the ability to facilitate and lead discussions, document process improvements, and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
The People & Organizational Culture department is a fast-paced environment with many integrated systems which add to the complexity of our day-to-day business. Within the role, the HR Analyst is required to configure system functionality, create test plans, gather requirements and be proficient with various data sources. The HR Analyst will also identify deficiencies and patterns, prioritize work, and uses logical thought to provide diplomatic solutions.
This position provides support to the People & Organizational Culture department as well as other operating areas within the City. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide recommendations and responses to strategic and operational issues.
- Maintain current level of knowledge and awareness of new trends, legislation, and innovation in the field of Human Resources to respond to issues and supports planning efforts to develop programs that help streamline all processes.
- Development and delivery of Human Resources services and projects, administers and maintains HR programs, and manages data to perform analytical tasks involving specific HR areas including Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Workplace safety, Organizational Development/Training, and other related HR areas as assigned
- Use analytical skills to research, compile, and generate necessary reports for compliance with regulations, as well as reports for internal use.
- Use HRIS and other data management systems daily as required or assigned.
- May lead other team members in various projects or during interim assignments
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- Typically, the knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position are obtained through a degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Commerce combined with five (5) years' experience directly related to Human Resource Management Systems in a multi-union environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using Oracle E-Business Suite, and implementation of system functionality is an asset.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organization and time management including ability to prioritize tasks, meet strict deadlines, and handle large volumes of work in a busy environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to continuously identify processes for improvement and provide recommendations
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use judgement and discretion in handling a large volume of confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Proficiency at an intermediate or advanced level of skill using computers and applicable software including Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or other comparable applications.
- Experience in a public sector environment is an asset
Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
Note: As per the City of Regina's Criminal Record Check Policy, the successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
Jurisdiction: Out of Scope
Department : People & Organizational Culture
Annual Salary: $74,209.00 - $98,945.00
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
Note: The City of Regina strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Talent at 306-777-7550 or by email.