The Winnipeg Foundation is For Good. Forever. We help people give back to our shared community by connecting generous donors with Causes they care about For Good. We are an endowment-based public foundation, so gifts are pooled and invested, and the annual earnings are distributed back to the community Forever. Formed in 1921, we are proud to be the first community foundation in Canada. Our vision is ?a Winnipeg where community life flourishes for all.'
The Foundation is committed to work/life balance and diversity both within the organization and in its work with the community.
To ensure a diversified and representative workforce, The Winnipeg Foundation invites Indigenous persons, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. We encourage you to declare your employment equity status within your cover letter.
We are currently recruiting for a
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST - WRITER (12 Month Term)
The Communications Specialist will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing and work collaboratively with the other members of the Communications Team. This mid-level communications role will be responsible for developing content for a variety of platforms, including print and digital. The preferred candidate is an experienced writer and editor with a collaborative approach. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Research, write, and edit plain language content for a variety of mediums
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with others to develop major themes or messages intended to be conveyed by The Foundation's publications, audio, visual, and digital content
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to support other communications projects
- Work with external service providers, as required
- Degree or diploma in communications, journalism, or public relations
- Experience in research, writing, and editing content for both print and digital platforms
- Project management experience and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Able to function in an Adobe environment (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audition, InDesign, After Effects)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Perceptive in anticipating needs and proactively supporting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- Familiar with Winnipeg's charitable sector
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed, for special events
What We Offer:
- Starting salary in the range of $52,000 - $65,000
- A comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance
- Matched pension program - starting at six months of employment
- Vacation - starting at three weeks per year
- Eco-pass program (half-cost bus pass)
Applications, including resume and cover letter, will be accepted until November 23rd, 2022. All applications must be submitted at https://careers.risepeople.com/the-winnipeg-foundation/en.
The Winnipeg Foundation is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.