Executive Assistant to CEO - Community Credit Union of Cumberland and Colchester Ltd.
Community Credit Union is a full-service credit union with 3 branches in Amherst and Truro and is serving over 6,500 members.
We are recruiting a temporary full time EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT. This is a term position to cover maternity leave and will provide Executive administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support services to the CEO, Board of Directors, and the corporate functions of the Credit Union. As you sit at the center of the organization you will coordinate and assist both corporate and management with project initiatives, coordination of events, meeting preparation and general administrative support.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & FOCUS
- Provide high quality confidential secretarial and administrative support to the management team and Board of Directors including, processing incoming/outgoing mail, composing internal and external correspondence, providing editorial support for reporting purposes, general project support and calendar maintenance
- This position demands the utmost professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Proven ability to record and transcribe minutes create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong written and verbal skills and attention to detail
- Coordinate Senior Management and Board of Director travel and accommodation arrangements
- Record, transcribe, distribute, and maintain master record of Board and Committee meeting minutes
- Maintain records for all Board activities
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, programs, events while overseeing event budget
- Maintain CCU's policies and procedures manual for new and existing policies
- Respond to member inquiries/escalations
- Completes HR related paperwork for new hires, terminations and status changes and submits to payroll for processing
- Act as the liaison to benefits carriers of changes in employee status benefit coverage
- Provide payroll information to payroll provider
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in office management or
administration, plus have 3 - 5 years' related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Community Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Georg Oberprieler, CEO of Community Credit Union by e-mail.
Applications will remain open until the successful candidate is selected.