We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we're always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
Reporting to our Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager will be responsible for creating consumer demand for key product lines that are the primary growth opportunities for the company. The successful candidate will be a proven executor who is also capable of leading cross-functional teams, delivering tactical innovation from concept to launch, and executing brand building initiatives.
Technical: analytics, portfolio mix, innovation & campaign execution, category/sales readiness support
- Category Management Analytics: analyze category sales, pricing, promotion, and competition utilizing internal and external data sources to recommend solutions based on insights & implications
- Innovation: leading line extensions and new products, implement flawless plans, including development of project briefs, business case, product decisions, communication plan, and sales collateral for sell-in
- Tactical Campaign Execution: execute agreed upon product marketing plans throughout year. Liaise with vendors, monitor timelines, and effectiveness of tactical plans. Recommend corrective action as needed.
- General Project Management & Execution: manage execution across key departments, monitor timelines and effectiveness of tactical plans. Identify key building levers, risks in advance, and recommend actions.
- Support BM annual planning with through analysis (product, innovation, pricing, distribution)
- Manage respective portion of marketing budget including monthly reconciliation & reporting
Leadership & Communication: cross-functional leadership, vendor management, risk/project updates to Manager
- Collaborate with team members and manager to understand, align and activate against priority projects
- Frequently communicates opportunities and risks to all areas of organization
- Strong business communications skills, ability to influence and detail orientation
- Exhibit leadership and accountability; has the ability to move a team towards a common goal through a respectful, collaborative approach
Education, Related Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field required
- 3-4 years of consumer product brand management experience, preferably in the food industry
- Consistently achieves results and is resilient in tough circumstances
- A proven executer with initiative, flexibility and can-do attitude who has the courage to step up and address complex issues in a respectful and collaborative manner
- You are adaptable, can tackle competing priorities resourcefully, and learns quickly from experiences
- Influencer, and skillful collaborator among peers, with experience in cross-functional environment
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and engaging along with a passion for natural food products
- Good understanding of the CPG market, and dynamic between company, customer as well as consumer
- Proficient in data analysis and use of Microsoft Excel. Experience with Nielsen or SPINS considered an asset.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!