Rise Air is western Canada's largest full-service aviation operation. Based in Saskatoon, the above opportunity has opened up to work in the fascinating aviation industry for a dynamic company that exceeds customers' expectations, strives for operational excellence, and has a strong employee culture.
The Corporate Administrative Assistant works in a collaborative environment and is responsible for supporting the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) in a wide variety of confidential and related administrative services and a variety of functions for the Board including document control/management, preparation of information for board members, coordination of board projects and board appointment activities.
- Provide administrative support to the ELT including but not limited to maintaining their daily appointments and general executive and senior leadership calendars.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, coordinate all logistics and details, provide relevant preparation materials, and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Ensure that confidential, accurate records, meeting minutes, etc., are captured and maintained.
- In the absence of any/all members of ELT, answer phone calls and assist with in-person inquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Coordinate travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for lodging when required.
- Facilitate the smooth exchange of information as a first point of contact for board members and external stakeholders.
- Provide full administrative support to the ELT such as preparation of documents, reports and correspondence, photocopying, filing, etc.
- Under the direction of the corporate secretary, provide support to the board and board committees by scheduling and arranging meetings; compiling and distributing materials; attending meetings; preparing meeting minutes; and maintaining corporate documents.
- Assist with inquiries from board members; accumulate correspondence to the Chair or redirect to the appropriate person.
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for board and board committee meetings, including space and facility needs; meals and refreshments; supplies; and technology.
- Compose, edit, design and format documents.
- Complete expense reports for reimbursement.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company's vision, mission, and values.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in organizational development and professional growth opportunities as directed and/or required.
- Protect Company values by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure compliance with quality assurance and safety programs to promote an incident and injury free culture.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position include completion of a recognized business course combined with two to three years' experience working in an office environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered. Member of an Athabasca community is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities Include
- Strong interpersonal skills in fostering relationships and working with employees and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Desire and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
- Resourcefulness in handling new situations and problems and in adapting to change.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective office practices and procedures.
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and formatting skills.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively, exercise good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrated high work standard related to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to know when to escalate a matter.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio) and customized software systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient and able to manage competing priorities (able to self-prioritize).
- Strong self-leadership skills and a hands-on, self-sufficient, and demonstrated positive, can-do attitude.
Standard office and telecommunications equipment, including database management.
Typical Physical and Cognitive Demands
- Majority of work is completed at a sit-down desk.
- Able to take part in meetings and events outside of core business hours.
- Able to lift 7 kilograms.
- Able to prioritize and organize objectives and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must quickly adapt to changing assignments.
- Manage and deal with sensitive interpersonal conflicts.
- Required to act professionally and use mature judgment.
- Some air/ground travel may be required.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter along with their resume.