Req ID: 143541
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Department : MHA EZ Mental Health & Addictions
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT ( 100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: MGMT/NON-Union Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 25-Nov-22
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About The Opportunity
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the management of Mental Health and Addictions in the Eastern Zone.
This position is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Mental Health & Addictions Leadership team, various special projects, working groups and/or committees.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/secretarial program is required
- Membership in the IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals) is an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a comparable administrative support position.
- Experience in Healthcare; Mental Health and Addictions preferred
- Progressive leadership experience is preferred
- Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases using Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Familiar and ability to use equipment such as MFU, Telehealth, Projectors, Polycom
- Experience with MAP, Success Factors, and SAP an asset
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Spelling and grammar knowledge and ability to edit and proofread
- Ability to prioritize many demands at the same time
- Experience working in an environment with many interruptions
- Ability to work on a team and foster collaborative relationships
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Understand confidentiality and experience working in a confidential environment
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical and mental capabilities to perform the duties of the position such as standing, sitting, keyboarding, telephone duties, multitasking, working under pressure to meet deadlines, working flexible hours as necessary
- Ability to deal with challenging people and challenging circumstances in a calm, professional, tactful and effective manner.
- Judgment and decision making skills demonstrated through problem solving and emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional time management, critical thinking, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Permanent full time position; 75 hours bi weekly
Compensation and Incentives
$22.30 - $27.88 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan. (Permanent Long Assignments Only)
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.