Reporting to the Team Lead, Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist - Pilot Recruitment will manage the full cycle recruitment process and will work closely with and assist the Chief Pilots in supporting pilot recruitment and retention initiatives. They will source, screen, interview and assess talent in order to provide guidance and recommendations that are aligned to Porter's values. This position will develop a solid understanding of the business and build strong relationships with hiring managers.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Actively lead and participate in Porter's pilot recruitment and pilot retention initiatives
- Manage the full cycle recruitment processes within the People and Culture department
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, including recommendations on sourcing/recruitment strategy
- Manage the Destination Porter program
- Attend career fairs and campus recruitment to promote Porter
- Maintain strategic flight college relationships, and any other pilot development initiatives
- Maintain the Porter Careers webpage with current job opportunities
- Identify pipeline barriers and escalating appropriately
- Create and maintain various interview packages
- Manage the recruitment process using the applicant tracking system to enhance the company-wide recruitment process
- Post and maintain jobs online, internally and on external recruitment websites
- Train all levels of management on proper interviewing techniques and the use of an applicant tracking system
- Partner with team members and hiring managers to create a consistent hiring process at all locations
- Initiate and communicate with candidates and provide follow up throughout the application process
- Arrange and conduct interviews including telephone pre-screens, individual, panel and Google Meets interviews for positions from entry level to management to review credentials for suitability of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Conduct follow up meetings with interview candidates to provide feedback, as requested
- Initiate various employment checks including but not limited to, reference and medical checks, while liaising with vendors, and managing appointments
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine effectiveness of candidate recruiting
- Provide updates to the People and Culture team as well as the business on recruitment progress
- Proactive, resourceful and innovative in identifying the most effective ways to achieve objectives while helping to reduce costs
- Actively participate in Porter's Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization's standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Human Resources
- 3 - 5 years of experience in human resources, working in a recruiting environment
- Experience recruiting in aviation preferred
- Customer service oriented approach and natural ability to be part of the team
- Ability to build and maintain solid business relationships with key pilot recruitment partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Results oriented and the ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Experience using applicant tracking systems
- Other systems knowledge/experience an asset
- Strong computer skills including knowledge using the Google platform and MS Office products, extensive experience with web-based tools and the internet
- Able to travel when required
- Must have a valid passport
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination
LOCATION: Toronto (Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ)