Canadian Bank Note Company creates customized, secure technology solutions for governments across the world. Not only do we design and print passports, drivers' licenses, identification cards, currency and other secure documents, but we also develop and deploy the complex border and identity management systems and excise control solutions that help protect our world and make it more prosperous.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director of DP/PC Manufacturing, the Assistant Production Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of production processes. You'll oversee department inventory management, monitor quality and production standards, costs and provide operational support to the Director of DP/PC Manufacturing.
Your duties will include managing department inventory, scheduling product shipments, assigning materials, equipment, and human resources to the Secure Card Service Bureau, and overseeing quality control,costs and schedule. You may be requested to prepare production schedules.
More specifically you'll:
- Direct the day-to-day production, shipping, and preventative maintenance activities
- Assisting the Director of DP/PC Manufacturing with operational tasks such as production schedules, timesheets, and monthly reports
- Deploying labour to work centres and planning materials toward the smooth running of the production process.
- Working with other DP/PC manufacturing departments to ensure on time and low-cost sheet deliveries.
- Overseeing quality control throughout the production processes.
- Ensuring that production SLA's are met
- Monitoring the efficiency of production equipment and processes.
- Updating the Director of DP/PC Manufacturing on the status of projects.
- Liaising and coordinating production with other departments.
- Resolving resourcing issues, where requested.
- Development and auditing of work instructions.
- Manage SW/R&D/ME project testing requirements
- Maintain a safe work environment and meet production requirements producing a high quality product on time while ensuring operational efficiency.
- Ensure process changes are managed, communicated and signed off according to established procedures
- Develop, Implement and maintain training programs
- Assist with ISO audits
- Ensure the appropriate product manager is signing off on adjustments on equipment and quality standards
What will help you succeed?
We're looking for someone with exceptional planning abilities, who enjoys working with data and can translate that into process improvement. Outstanding Assistant Production Managers are excellent negotiators who act decisively when solving production issues.
- A Bachelor's degree with course work in production management, operations management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of management experience in a high-volume production environment, including working knowledge of inventory systems used to track production, inventory and shipping
- Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams.
- Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
- Knowledge of procuring/coordinating materials, equipment, and labor needed throughout the production process.
- Proficiency in quality control, , .
- Competence with computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
- Ability to work independently under the Director of DP/PC Manufacturing, and as part of a production team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and liaising with other departments and facilities.
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
Must be eligible for Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance;
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer's success stories. So, if you're looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.
The health and well-being of our employees is a top priority for CBN. It is our responsibility to ensure that we provide a safe work environment. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy that requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated. Currently, Fully Vaccinated means that you will have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada. For prospective candidates, when a conditional offer of employment has been made, you will be asked to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to submit proof of vaccination status or request for accommodation pursuant to a relevant provision of Ontario's Human Rights Code, as amended. If you have any questions or require human rights-based accommodation, please reach out to the CBN Human Resources team at
[email protected]. Thank you.