Our Client?? ?
Our client is a Toronto-based Enterprise SaaS company that just received an influx of over $90M in funding.?They are constantly analyzing trends and anticipating market needs, and?due to this are seeing tremendous growth in both headcount and product offerings.?? ?
The Opportunity? ?
To support their growth, they are looking for a strategic VP, Marketing with experience scaling a B2B SaaS company from ~$10MM to $25MM+ in ARR. Reporting to a Chief Revenue Officer with a history of successfully scaling rockstar teams and revenue pipeline, the successful candidate will grow the marketing team and impact on the revenue pipeline. This role is ideal for ?builders? - the type that is equally skilled in vision, strategy, and execution. Those looking to follow an existing playbook or maintain the status quo need not apply.
The successful candidate will bring a track record of success having scaled a team and budget to maximize a Marketing team's contribution to pipeline and revenue growth. He/she will inherit a small team of exceptional marketers who are already driving a strong impact today. As the company focuses on both Mid-Market and Enterprise clients, experience with both Inbound and Account Based Marketing demand generation strategies would be highly beneficial?
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness and build a sales pipeline
- Build and refine company and product value propositions to maximize differentiation
- Develop a deep understanding of the target personas and customer lifecycles in order to strategize the messaging/positioning and the go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas and segments
- Build or maintain KPI dashboards to communicate results and provide a basis upon which to make strategic decisions to continuously improve
- Understand the competitive landscape-be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned; develop strategies and tactics to grow market share
- Work with your team to create strong product marketing and sales assets (data sheets, one-pagers, web content) for all phases of the marketing and sales lifecycle
- Work with your team and closely with the Business Development and Sales teams to implement/refine strong demand generation campaigns and workflows to grow our sales pipeline
- Work with your team to build strong SEO and pipeline-driving web content for marketing, including blog posts, emails, videos, web content, etc.
- Build strong relationships with Customer Experience to identify upsell opportunities and build campaigns to capture new pipeline
- Prepare and review budgets (monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Manage the overall MarTech stack, tightly aligning with other department leaders
- Attend trade shows and industry functions as required to build pipeline
- Proven success leading marketing teams in high-growth B2B companies - ideally companies that scaled from ~$10MM to $25MM+
- 10+ years of progressive experience and measurable success in B2B Marketing
- 5+ years leading, coaching, and enabling strong marketing teams to exceed targets
- Highly metrics are driven - passionate about using data from a variety of sources to demonstrate results (good or bad) and make data-driven adjustments to constantly improve
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful demand generation campaigns (ideally both Inbound and Account Based Marketing)
- Significant experience working and aligning with direct Sales teams to maximize revenue results
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation, and spoken formats to a variety of audiences.
- Experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership teams (i.e. C-Level, Board, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with various sales/marketing technology tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Qualified/Drift/etc., and more
- Experience marketing to complex B2B enterprises, such as those in manufacturing, industrial, oil
- gas, pharmaceuticals, airports, and similar would be a strong asset?
Who You Are??
- Eager to be hands-on and engulf themselves in the role?while also positioning themselves as a leader
- Excellent project management skills,?with the ability to?meet?and?exceed goals and timelines??
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills??
- Strong collaboration skills, working across multiple departments ?
- Strong relationship-building attributes, a true people person? ??
- Detailed-oriented with an exceptionally keen eye for procedure and development???
About Peeple Inc:? ?
Peeple Inc. is a?Vancouver-based?People Development organization specializing in Management Search, Executive coaching, and development. We're dedicated to helping companies build and develop?world-class?teams and assisting job seekers?to?find incredible employers. Applicants can expect thorough communication, an in-depth evaluation of their background and abilities, complete confidentiality, and our?continuing?care and expertise in matching candidates to roles that provide the best fit possible.?
Peeple Inc. and?the?clients we represent are committed to an inclusive and discrimination-free workplace, as well as complete compliance with the B.C. Human Rights Code, Canadian Human Rights Act, and the Employment Equity Act.? ?
Application and Timeline? ?
We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible as our client is keen to welcome their newest team member. Interviews will take place as resumes are submitted through the Peeple Inc. website.?