The Lead, Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for full cycle recruitment while proactively working to ensure CN builds a diverse workforce. The role coaches and develops a high performing and motivated talent acquisition team that is continuously striving to reach our hiring goals. The incumbent is responsible for attracting and hiring top talent to come onboard by building and implementing sound hiring strategies and is part of a fast-paced and dynamic Talent Acquisition team.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of full cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques including job posting management, sourcing, conducting interviews, and offer extensions
- Own full cycle recruitment of the Information and Technology (I&T) portfolio while actively coaching and training team members on recruitment best practices
- Partner with leaders and the Talent Acquisition team to drive all hiring efforts and provide full life-cycle recruitment support for all opportunities
- Develop ways to improve the recruiting strategy and candidate experience
- Train, coach, and mentor Talent Acquisition team members on hiring best practices and industry standards
- Develop a deep understanding of CN's talent needs across different teams and groups
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with managers to understand their hiring needs while providing expertise on market trends and hiring recommendations
- Work collaboratively with Team Leads and Managers at both the strategic and tactical levels to fulfill current and upcoming recruitment needs
- Report on and track hiring progress and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a regular basis identifying trends and areas for improvement
- Work towards building and maintaining strong talent pipelines for multiple, complex searches by leveraging numerous platforms
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment process
- Collaborate and share knowledge and best practices with the Talent Acquisition and Human Resources (HR) teams
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy through CN's internal Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Act as an ambassador within the Talent Acquisition team
- Ensure that recruiting and hiring practices follow corporate policies and governmental regulations
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines, handle pressure, and stress.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Talent Acquisition Lead or similar HR role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an I&T recruitment environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources (HR) or equivalent
- Collaborates with others and shares information
- Provides recognition
- Develops self and others
- Sets direction and inspires others
- Communicates with impact
- Applies critical thinking
- Demonstrates agility and drives change
- Demonstrates active listening
- Solves problems to create value
- Knows the business and stays current on industry needs
- Knowledge of ATS or recruitment software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interviewing, negotiation, and closing skills
- Asset : Fluently bilingual both written and verbal (English, French)
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada's Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
For internal candidates, note that the grade level of the position will depend on the employee's experience.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.