Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What The Day Will Look Like
As part of a market-leading team, you will contribute to the creation of tangible results for our clients by applying innovative and effective solutions within our Consulting group at Aon in Vancouver, British Columbia. As an Administrative Assistant, you will work directly under the direction of the Administrative Operations Manager and provide support to a team of senior consultants.
- Prepare and produce presentations and correspondence: graphic presentations and other documents, including improving grammar, punctuation and clarity
- Perform quality control of documents; Apply Aon branding
- Provide financial support through the preparation and management of invoices;
- Maintain files, databases and shared sites, such as SharePoint;
- Scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings (convocations, rooms, caterers, material orders, agenda management, etc.);
- Work in collaboration with the team, assisting in the replacement of staff on annual leave or sick leave, as needed, and provide assistance in the event of extra work for administrative assistants;
- Makes travel arrangements;
- Prepare and submit expense reports; and
- Performs all other related duties.
How This Opportunity Is Different
At Aon our Administrative Assistants have the opportunity to move into many different career paths. They can choose to work toward admin manager roles, client facing roles, marketing and finance support or senior administrative support roles that include complex project management. We believe in developing skills that align with the colleague's strengths and interests and that means our administrative assistants are involved in every aspect of Wealth Solutions. This is an ideal position for someone who recognizes their current strengths but is interested in developing more skills that align with their career aspirations.
Skills And Experience That Will Lead To Success
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar role;
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Organizational skills, initiative, resourcefulness and attention to detail;
- Flexibility and team spirit;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently with a variety of people.
How We Support Our Colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two ?Global Wellbeing Days? each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on via Isarta
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.