Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We're looking for a full-time Senior Marketing Specialist to join our Alberta/Prairies & Territories team. This position will work closely with technical project managers to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack and key business development leaders to help execute account plans. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nitty gritty details-an energetic team player who can communicate effectively, manage multiple projects at the same time, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Regional Marketing Team Lead (RMTL) of Infrastructure/Water, the Senior Marketing Specialist works directly with RMTL and BC leadership throughout the Alberta and Prairies & Territories regions to proactively support business development, help build client relationships and work with various teams to develop and execute strategic initiatives, with a focus on our Water business. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, meet aggressive deadlines, and prepare designed-to-win proposals and engaging presentations.
The role also includes working with a larger Stantec team of Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Communications professionals to build our brand awareness and identify market opportunities for top line growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
Business Development/Account Management/Proposal Development:
- Provide input and work closely with BC leadership to support Stantec's corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in selected regional target markets
- If applicable, outline your role in supporting Account Managers to achieve their plan goals; develop and maintain an up-to-date Client Plan with action items, zipper plan, positioning milestones, and team responsibilities
- Work with business developers on Capture Plans that include a pursuit schedule with milestones, research needs, action items for positioning, strategic teaming, and responsibilities
- Partner with Director/RMTL and BC leadership to develop key clients and project ?must wins? to target in each operating year
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Stantec's markets, clients, capabilities, staff, and primary competitors to support the development of pursuits as identified in the marketing and business development plans
- Work with the regional marketing team and pursuit leaders/business developers to support cross-promotion of Stantec's various service offerings, where opportunities for the delivery of integrated services exist
- Provide marketing support for all aspects related to the proposal process including workflow coordination, Marketing Go/No Go, resource requirements (e.g., identifying subject matter experts, external consultants, and related internal contributors), and technical content needs
- Prepare high-impact proposals, presentations, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand
- Work closely with technical project managers to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack
- Serve in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of proposal materials developed by the marketing team with specific emphasis on brand alignment, relevance, accuracy, and timely delivery
- Provide planning support for all aspects related to client presentations including the preparation of PowerPoint slides, presentation boards, and print collateral materials
- Serve in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of client presentation materials developed regionally with specific emphasis on brand alignment, relevance, accuracy, and timely delivery
- Provide marketing support for client presentations that includes critiquing at dry runs and providing final review on large proposals
- Facilitate debrief meetings following project wins/losses
- Monitor opportunity-related websites and publications for project opportunities and distribute as appropriate
- Attend, as appropriate, key business and community functions to represent Stantec's leadership team in establishing and supporting Stantec's leadership role in the local/regional business community
- Promote the consistent use of the Stantec Pipeline in support of account management and business development efforts
- Work closely with the Director/RMTL and our Canada West Public Relations representative to implement the annual marketing and public relations strategies and plans in support of marketing communications initiatives and events for the Region, including regional community engagement
- Work closely with the Brand & Promotions team and, if applicable, and members of the Corporate Communications team, and function as a key contact for marketing communications information on behalf of the Regions
- Work closely with colleagues as a key contact for marketing photography services on behalf of the Region; including but not limited to advance documentation, e.g., client permission, Project Profiles, detailed photography requirements, and site accompaniment
- Work with BC and Regional Marketing Leadership to coordinate local marketing and communications platforms including targeted publications, e-campaigns, promotional material, booth, and banner stands involving key conferences/tradeshows and brochures
- Proactively reach out to Regional & Sector Marketing partners on key pursuits and promotional activities, market trends and research, and to promote teambuilding
- Identify opportunities to team with PR on positioning campaigns for major clients and pursuits
- Execute positioning campaigns that include traditional and social media, and conventional and emerging digital marketing tactics
Marketing System Support/Leadership
- Assist in the development and coordination of regional content for Stantec's communications systems and tools including the Stantec Marketing Knowledge Center (SMKC), stantec.com, Stantec Pipeline, The Lens, etc.
- Working with end users, use the SMKC to incorporate the principals of teamwork, collaboration, and information-sharing to achieve greater effectiveness in marketing-related projects and processes
- Ensure all information entered the system is timely, accurate and up-to-date and in adherence with Stantec standards and style guide
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practice
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Commitment to client service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Awareness that ongoing training may involve professional development courses in the evenings or on weekends
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with marketing peers at our identified teaming partner firms could be required
Education And Experience
- Post-Secondary in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in a marketing role in a medium to large sized organization
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other's talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1306 Marketing & Communications-CA Prairies&Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 14, 2022, 4:54:53 AM
Req ID: 220003UZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans