Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that helps our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Recruiter.
Reporting into the HR Manager, you will be responsible for leading the end-to-end recruitment process for all corporate, technical, and field services roles for Rodan's Canadian and US locations. You will have full-cycle recruiting experience from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for all aspects of the full-cycle recruitment process for energy industry roles (ie. engineer, analyst, field technicians, etc.)
- Assess and interview qualified candidates to evaluate skills, verify work experience, professional designation and educational achievements in relation to specialized role requirements
- Source and attract candidates using a variety of search methods to fill roles
- Apply creative thinking to identify innovative ways of recruiting hard-to-find resources
- Establish and maintain campus recruitment, co-op hiring, and summer jobs program
- Post jobs on the Internet through Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and other identified sources, including various social media channels to increase available quality candidate pool
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and performing phone screens
- Develop job postings and assist with writing job descriptions/position requirements
- Perform reference checks as needed
- Conduct intake meetings with hiring managers to better understand job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills
- Provide consultation, advice, and recruitment support to hiring managers
- Improve cost effective, efficiency, creative, and innovative solutions to sourcing challenges
- Manage the overall interview, selection, and closing process including onboarding new hires
Due to the growth of Rodan, you must be willing to turn your hand to other tasks depending on business needs.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years full cycle recruiting experience
- Excellent candidate search skills, with the ability to source active and passive candidates
- Demonstrated experience using LinkedIn Recruiter, including experience with Boolean sourcing
- Solid knowledge of hiring practices and employment legislation required
- Experience working with an ATS
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Willingness to acquire industry knowledge
Qualifications & Skills:
- Knowledgeable with sourcing and recruitment strategies
- Experience using behavior-based interview techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-volume recruitment setting
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a natural ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to work with confidential and personal information discretely and professionally
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to drive priorities
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Willingness to continually learn
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!