What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and an RRSP plan. We also offer wellness initiatives, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
Provide clerical and logistics support for Business Development operational activities.
- Collaborate with Key Account Partners on new product registration, pricing submissions, completing the application for programming on MPTS
- Acts as a liaison to all SGWS suppliers and customers to provide information and answer questions
- Support with the coordination of budgets, and provide analysis on business development activities as required/assigned
- Collect and maintain all Trade Show confirmation forms from suppliers
- Update and maintain spreadsheets of all supplier confirmations and changes
- Coordinate product placement in tasting books a required
- Ensure the maintenance of all payments and adjustments for supplier support by branch by product
- File correspondence and reports; maintain files as directed
- Assist in the distribution and execution of POS and other marketing materials
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain and update team contact information
- Handle market samples requests
- Prepare and distribute special monthly sales and market reports as needed
- Calculate and produce invoices for supplier chargebacks
- Maintain files for outstanding supplier accounts receivables invoices
- Participate in the assembly of presentations to suppliers as directed
- Maintaining the SGWS office (reception, conference rooms, kitchen, and greeting visitors) and completing clerical and administrative functions as needed (ordering supplies, phone support, office couriers).
- Support the Executive Leadership Team as needed (meeting coordination, catering, etc.)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency plus one year of experience
- Sales experience, including at least one full year in beer, wine, or spirit sales
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office with an ability to develop and maintain an extensive spreadsheet for sales analysis
- Able to demonstrate significant product knowledge
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts quickly and efficiently
- Strong communication skills verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Able to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate the workload around multiple assignments
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time may include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.