Posting ongoing until filled
Term position from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023
How we work together
- have a track record of creating and implementing results-driven marketing campaigns on digital channels (email, search engines and social media).
- have experience editing HTML and CSS, and can troubleshoot issues
- get excited about designing digital ads.
- thrive on exploring and learning new technologies and concepts to improve existing processes.
- like figuring out those few key items that will unlock a campaign's success.
- love working with a diverse group of people.
- exist to build the business of the division and its program units.
- care for the Continuing Studies brand and the success of our division.
- trust each other's skills and experiences and enjoy working together towards a common goal.
- believe in making the complex simple.
- are convinced learning new things will move us forward.
You will enjoy a strong benefits package including competitive pay, generous paid vacation time, a hybrid work arrangement, terrific dental and health benefits, a pension plan, funding for career development, a discounted state-of-the-art gym membership and more.
The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $61,935 - $69,710 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Performance range: starting salary to max of $81,286 is available through annual performance increases.
**This position may be eligible for a remote working arrangement**
Reporting to the director, Division Marketing Services (DMS), you will be responsible for developing, managing, implementing and reporting on digital marketing campaigns and email marketing for the division according to DCS' and UVic's standards. You will play a key role for the division to achieve its revenue generation and student recruitment goals locally, nationally and internationally, and in strengthening the division's and university's reputation. You will achieve this primarily by:
- creating campaigns that are on strategy;
- leading the production of digital advertising assets to ensure quality output and timely delivery every time;
- a thorough understanding of digital advertising channels and DCS' varying audiences, and tailoring content appropriate for these channels and audiences;
- staying on top of trends of emerging digital media channels to coordinate the most impactful digital media distribution strategy for varying and multiple audiences;
- proactively identifying opportunities to enhance the division's reputation without contradicting or conflicting with the university's institutional positioning, regionally, nationally and internationally;
- displaying expert knowledge in digital content creation in a variety of formats;
- supporting and training the division's program area staff (directors, program coordinators and program assistants) in marketing, advertising, graphic design, copywriting and email marketing;
- working collaboratively with other members of the DMS team, DCS staff, other university faculties and departments, and the division's stakeholders off campus;
- overseeing projects, analyzing how they are progressing, reporting and advising on opportunities for improvement in the future; and
- carrying out related marketing, design and writing/editing duties as required in keeping with the qualifications of the position and the requirements of the job.
A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, plus minimum three years of experience achieved in the past five years in managing digital advertising and email campaigns.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
A current portfolio of work demonstrating digital advertising and email marketing experience is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Advanced level Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Animate and Acrobat
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Current graphic design trends and techniques
- Demonstrated experience with an email marketing platform (Campaigner, Envoke, Constant Contact, Active Campaign, HubSpot, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Experience with Google Web Designer, Apple Keynote and/or other animation/video platforms
- Exceptional advertising copywriting skills
- Proficiency with use of internal style guides
- Solid understanding of project management best practices
- Advanced experience with:
- Google Ads (with recent certification)
- Facebook Business Manager (with recent Blueprint certification)
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Google Analytics (with recent certification)
- Google Data Studio
- Experience on the macOS platform
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing the principles of truth, reconciliation and respect, equity diversity and inclusion, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
Competency requirements include:
- A commitment to service excellence
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to creatively analyze and solve problems
- Ability to adapt marketing tactics to a variety of purposes and audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, make decisions independently, be self-motivated, and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Strong, demonstrable technological aptitude