Direct of Sales
Startec Refrigeration Services Ltd. is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission-critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes its industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve its clients' most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business
All applicants must complete the Profile People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
The Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the sales activities for Startec Service. This individual is accountable for achieving annual sales goals, building strategic business relationships, and providing vision for all sales strategies and their execution.
As a member of the senior leadership team, this role is in a key position to formulate innovative business development strategies to support strategic goals. The Sales Manager is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and profits. Additional duties include the recruitment, training, mentoring, and development of his or her sales staff and the achievement of established sales goals and revenue objectives.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the acquisition, development, and maintenance of client accounts for the organization. The Sales Manager will also work with industry partners and existing sales channels to raise awareness of company offerings and initiate new business to increase market share and meet fiscal goals.
Job Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans.
- Provide input from sales - including growth, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment - for strategic planning processes.
- Develop execution strategies and tactics to support strategic plans.
- Ensuring the sales team provides an extraordinary experience to our customers
- Stay up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments and new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Collaborate with client senior-level executives to define needs and provide solutions.
- Monitor pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; create actionable item lists based on findings.
- Develop and implement quarterly and/or annual sales plans and programs.
- Devise and deploy sales goals and objectives, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets. Prepare and track sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Coordinate sales efforts and coverage to effectively service existing client requirements and meet business development goals
- Communicate brand identity internally to the sales department, key accounts, and the customer base at large.
- Live the values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values
- Share successes and foster an atmosphere of success.
- Ensure Startec is represented at relevant trade show events
- Collaborate with marketing resources to develop sales content and collateral as required
- Manage sales expenses by annual budgets
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new growth opportunities.
- Review incoming quotations (RFQs), identify and qualify the potential opportunity, and provide direction and assistance, as may be required to the sales team or applications department to assist them in the preparation of the bid documents.
- Approve RFQ response pricing to ensure all items have been identified, clarifications noted and or requested and exceptions noted.
- Participate in gathering feedback from clients to identify opportunities for improvement
- Minimum 5 years of direct selling and account management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, or other technical training or significant relevant technical experience.
- Ideally a combination of technical and sales experience in Refrigeration/HVAC or natural gas processing
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision-makers.
- Experience in closing significant transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to make sales deals with executive-level prospects.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Experience selling multiple product/service lines.
- I am skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Experience in all aspects of sales team management, including forecasts, reporting, recruitment, termination, and coaching.
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Excellent organizational, and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent grasp of brand building and articulation of value propositions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and advertising theories and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial practices.
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment.
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR