Req ID: 144767
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Corporate Office Department: PEC Patient Relations CNS
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly FT long-assignment ( 100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: MGMT/NON-Union Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 24-Nov-22
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We're on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Reporting to the Director, Community Relations & Special Projects, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Director by effectively coordinating the day-to-day operation of the Director's office. The position coordinates all administrative activities, establishes administrative procedures and guidelines and acts as a liaison with the administrative assistants within the department and across Nova Scotia Health. This position provides additional support to individuals, committees or working groups as assigned. On an as needed basis, the incumbent may also provide administrative support in the absence of other secretaries reporting within the department.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration program/business program/secretarial program and/or a combination of education, training and progressively responsible experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, internet, technology for meeting planning, and skills related to all facets of modern office practices and technology.
- Experience working in a hospital or health-related environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-directed, motivated, takes initiative.
- Skills and abilities in all facets of modern office practices and technology and with information and meeting technologies.
- Experience using technology in meeting planning to create efficiencies and streamline tacking and retrieval of information.
- Fluency in others languages (preferable French) considered an asset.
Hours of Work
- Long Assignment, Full-Time position; 75 hours biweekly
- Beginning January 9, 2023 for approximately 12 months
- Dates are approximate and are subject to change
$22.31 - $27.88 hourly
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.