In addition, they will develop new clients for boosting hotel sales. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive person who can take the initiative and maintain as well as build the existing client base.
Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service; they are professional, teamoriented, possess good work ethics and are extremely results driven.
- Targeting new business opportunities.
- Building and maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop and maintain a contact and customer database within the following market segments: - Canadian Corporate Market - Incentive and Corporate Group Travel - Industry Partners Develop and promote product image and awareness by direct mail campaigns and attendance of key travel and tourism tradeshows.
- Prepare sales proposals to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions.
- Establish an effective sales call cycle for key customers, partners and contacts.
- Maintain a clear line of communication on sales commitments to Hotel/Chain Operations.
- Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
- Applicants must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly.
- They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset.
- A minimum of two years hotel sales experience and an excellent network of contacts are required to succeed in this position.
- Research & develop new corporate business for the Hotel through direct outside & inside Sales efforts.
- Conduct cold calls and prospecting on potential clients.
- Attend industry events and trade shows.
- Prepare proposals and contracts.
- Complete weekly sales reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Sales & Marketing plan
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Maximizer.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
PERKS FROM DAY 1
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
PERKS AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
PERKS AFTER 12 MONTHS
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.