Seeking Senior Graphic & Presentation Designer (3-5+ years experience) who truly cares about making every project (no matter how big or small) look its absolute best. As part of the in-house design team, the Sr. Designer, Visual Communications is responsible for a leadership role in the delivery of new business pitch design materials and other design initiatives across our agency network.
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Media agencies are an integral part of the advertising industry, so we work fast to match its lightning pace. Tight deadlines, and quick-turn-arounds aren't out of the ordinary, so our designers need to be dedicated, motivated, and excited about getting the job done - and most importantly, concerned with making it look amazing.
I CAN DO THAT! BUT ... WHAT'S A MEDIA AGENCY?
We're a crucial step in the advertising industry. If a client requests the ads, and the creative agencies create the ads, media agencies make sure you see the ads. Our media planners strategically plan and purchase media space (TV commercials, social media, pre-roll, digital ads, billboards, really cool brand partnerships, and way more) to target the right people at the right time.
ALRIGHT.... SO WHAT DO DESIGNERS DO AT MEDIABRANDS?
A better question would be: what don't we do. As part of an in-house design team, we're here for (literally) whatever the agency and its clients want/need. We're responsible for making the company its agencies look as slick, professional on-trend and as amazing as possible. Projects can (and have been) everything up to and including:
- Epic PowerPoints (Not an oxymoron: a great designer can even make PPT look gorgeous)
- Event design
- Email blasts
- Logos & Branding
- Social media creative
- Creative brainstorming
- Revamping & beautifying client-facing documents (Word, Excel)
- Literally. Anything. Else. We take any request thrown at us and figure it out!
AND THE SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE SPECIFICALLY?
- You'd work closely with the Senior Design Director and/or Project Manager to lead multifaceted design projects on tight deadlines
- Produce strong design concepts and directions under a variety of brand guidelines
- Develop unique "co-branded" design guidelines on a project-by-project basis (merging design styles into a single, cohesive visual language)
- Brief freelancers on co-branded directions and act as ambassador for design quality/consistency throughout projects
- Review and provide feedback for other designer/freelancer's work
- Ensure design quality, consistency, and delivery by project deadlines
- Liaise with outside vendors/printers to ensure delivery against project timelines
- Aid in the conception and execution of other design/branding initiatives (event design, internal culture initiatives, etc)
Desired Skills & Experience
WHAT DO I NEED TO ROCK THIS JOB?
Software & Hardware
- Be fluent with the usual suspects (Adobe Suite)
- Microsoft Office Suite: be able to (or willing to learn to) make magic happen with programs not created for the task
- Comfortable with both Mac & PCs
Skills & Demeanor
- At least 3-5+ years of experience as a designer
- An eye for layout and typography, and creative flair
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience in the management of design projects from concept to completion
- Fluency in a range of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign - Premiere or After Effects a plus)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint specifically)
- If creating killer design in a Microsoft app is against your code, we're just not a good fit
- You have a healthy respect for deadlines (and know 11:23 isnt the same as 11)
- You read everything and pay attention to detail: please include your favorite ice cream flavor on your resume
- You're able to interpret facts, figures and data and turn them into visually appetizing design
- Comfort designing under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of design for web & digital a plus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vavation and monthly wellness days, extended 4-day long weekends, December closure period, half-day summer Fridays and a meeting-free Friday afternoon year-round!
- A hybrid workweek that works for you, competitive benefits, RRSP matching, and more.
- A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, inclusive of mental health training for everyone.
- A chance to be a part and grow within a global network of agencies.
- The opportunity to contribute to our open and inclusive culture by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG), such as the Black Employee Network (BEN), Girls on Fire, and PRISM+, with many more available.
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties, regardless of their preferred official language. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
IPG Mediabrands is the global media arm of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Today, the network manages $39 billion in marketing investment on behalf of its clients, employing over 10,000 marketing communication specialists in more than 130 countries.
A proven entity in helping clients maximize business results through integrated, intelligence-driven marketing strategies, IPG Mediabrands is committed to driving automated buying, pay-for-performance and digital innovation solutions through its network of media agencies which in Canada includes UM, Initiative and Media Experts. Its roster of specialty service agencies including MAGNA, Cadreon, Reprise Digital, Orion and Kinesso, offer technologies and industry moving partnerships that are recognized for delivering unprecedented bottom line results for clients.