At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Creative is seeking an experienced and passionate full-time Senior Graphic Designer with proven work in print and digital media to work on our sports properties. Your thirst for quality work, current cultural trends, and all things creative is complimented with solid design skills and interest in sports (NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.).
You possess a strong eye in layout, composition, typography and photography and bring that to all the work you do. Your knowledge of print production file set up and pre-flight is exceptional. The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem solve and self motivate. This is a fast-paced environment and requires someone with experience and excellence in production work as well as original design-someone who understands deadlines and can pivot quickly. We develop engaging, award winning work for a variety of clients with local and national reach. Our creative team carries the principles of a design studio but functions as an in-house design group.
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- Is super creative, insightful, lives and breathes great design
- Has solid graphic design and production experience with print/digital/branding design background
- Possesses a strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with excellent use of typography, composition and image selection
- Has excellent knowledge of production; both print and digital
- Delivers compelling designs that are on brand, and be able to jump from one brand to another; all within a quick turnaround
- Flourishes while working independently or with a team and always bring an eagerness to learn
- Understands brand, brand standards and how to apply across all mediums
- Is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and embodies an all-around passion for creative
- Has the ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state
- Is able to set and meet independent and group deadlines
- Is an effective communicator who can participate in design conversations with team, partners and clients
What You Will Bring...
- Proven experience working in advertising or in-house environment
- Exceptional print production experience; can design to any environment, size, scale, etc. and prep flawless files
- Cross-platform (print, web, video, etc.) design skills are an asset
- Impeccable taste for great design, typography, colour and amazing attention to details
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight timelines and rise to creative challenges under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction
- Able to shift priorities, multi-task, problem solve and complete projects as the work landscape shifts
- Super proficient in all Adobe design software
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio and resume.
Here's What You Can Expect In Return
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how
Schedule Full time
Length of Contract Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function Broadcasting & Creative
Requisition ID 279117
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes Rogers Sports & Media