Requisition ID: 325787
Position Number: 20009224
Posting End Date: November 25, 2022
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Occupational Therapy Core
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 01/30/2023 - 07/30/2024
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Patient Care, Occupational Therapy and Therapeutic Recreation, the incumbent is responsible for the direct administrative and secretarial support to the Manager of Patient Care in addition to coordinating effective, efficient management of the offices, providing administrative, secretarial and reception support, as needed well as coordinating effective and efficient provision of secretarial support services to the Occupational Therapy Department.
- The ongoing monitoring and processing of capital and operating expenditures in the Department; assisting the Manager of Patient Care in dealing with confidential information and tasks (i.e. salaries, grievances, performance conversations).
- Coordinating meetings, attending and recording minutes
- Composing/typing correspondence, completing special projects, memoranda and reports, and Confidential financial documents.
- Performing miscellaneous administrative and secretarial duties.
- Preparing materials for meetings.
- Coordinating conferences/workshops.
- Supervising and monitoring of the workload and performance of the office support staff.
- When required, performing other secretarial and reception tasks.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program or equivalent related experience required.
- Certificate courses in supervision/administration/management preferred.
Qualifications And Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Typing 60 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint required.
- Medical Terminology required. Proficiency in Accuro, EPR, ESP and SAP preferred.
- Familiarity with the Health Sciences Centre internal structure, corporate policies and procedures, and physical layout preferred.
- Must have excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate with all levels of hospital personnel including, Directors, Manager and front-line staff of all classifications.
- Must have decision-making ability, good judgment, initiative, diplomacy, and the ability to coordinate workflow and develop efficiencies.
- Major issues would be referred to the Manager of Patient Care.
- Must be able to function with limited guidance, supervision and monitoring.
- Frequent interruptions, noise and frequent review/revision of workload priorities.
- Fast-paced, high stress environment with a heavy workload.
- Contact with staff, patients and public.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.