Regional Human Resources Manager
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ability to travel to various Hotels within the portfolio
Silver Hotel Group is currently recruiting for a Regional Human Resources Manager! Reporting to the Corporate Director of Human Resources, the Regional HR Manager will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to a select group of hotels, as well as being a key player in the development and execution of corporate initiatives. A key aspect of the role is staying connected with our team members and addressing questions and concerns. The position requires travel to the Hotels in SHG's portfolio.
The ideal candidate possesses an unwavering commitment to establishing and evolving professional and collaborative relationships and has a proven ability to be held accountable for all aspects of the Human Resources role. This leader will have the leadership skills to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and integrity, ensuring all decisions made demonstrate savvy business acumen.
The successful candidate has exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, and is adept at creating connections with diverse groups of individuals. Proficiency to inspire and motivate others to deliver strategic value, using a collaborative approach is key in order to gain respect and credibility with team members.
What We Offer
- Work with like-minded team members who are passionate about their work and keep things fun, every day!
- Working with a reputable brand and being part of Silver Hotel Group, a company committed to ensuring a culture of respect, appreciation, and fun (among other things of course)!
- A fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, where you get the chance to meet people from all over the world. It's a good place to be right now!
- Education Reimbursement for you (and your children!)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Wellness Credit
- Team Member Referral Program
- Leadership Development
- Team Building Events
- Culture of Recognition Program
- Hotel Stay Discounts
- Serve as an advocate for our team members and leaders, fostering positive team-member relations and helping to provide a favorable workplace culture for continuous and effective employer-team member relations;
- Act as a liaison between management and team members to facilitate effective upward and downward communication;
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to hotel leaders on all HR-related matters, including but not limited to recruitment, policy interpretation, conflict resolution, discipline procedures, team member motivation and engagement;
- Assist with the development and implementation of training and development programs for both leaders and team members, as determined by the HR learning needs analysis;
- Drives the recruitment process for a select group of hotels, including coordination of recruitment sources and institutions such as government agencies, schools, colleges, and employment agencies.
- Administers co-op placements;
- Assists with recruiting and interviewing candidates for employment within the hotels.
- Helps plan and coordinate team member recognition programs. (ie: annual celebrations, seasonal theme events, etc);
- Represents Silver Hotel Group's interests in the community to the benefit of the company through involvement in community organizations;
- Provides support to hotel leaders and team members in WSIB claims administration, claims management, and return to work programs;
- Is fully aware of valid information as it relates to Human Resources, changes in Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety, Provincial Human Rights Act, WSIB, Bill 168, Labor Relations Act, etc.;
- Work with each hotel's Health and Safety Committee, providing guidance in compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and other authorities having jurisdiction;
- Assist with labour relations and labour strategies including interacting with the hotel unions;
- Ensures HR is a support and resource for all SHG team members and ensures that our culture and company values are role modeled in every interaction and situation;
- Foster relationships that encourage team member feedback and an ?open door? policy to identify and address problems or concerns in a timely manner;
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
What We Are Looking For...
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or business-related discipline;
- HR certification or working towards certification is a definite asset;
- Progressive work experience as an HR Generalist, with experience in a hotel environment, is a definite asset;
- Able to travel to and stay at Hotels within the portfolio to provide support;
- Exemplary relationship-building aptitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude aligned with SHG's values and vision;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment;
- Flexible, exceptionally well organized;
- Knowledge of Payroll processing programs and standard processing procedures;
- Knowledge of employment standards legislation and legal requirements (Employment Standards Act);
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S. and ranges from internationally branded full and select-service hotels to independent and boutique hotels. At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, and Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra ?You Matter? resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.