Job Title: Events & Content Coordinator
Reports To: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Division: Marketing, Communications & Policy
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Monday - Friday (9 am -5 pm)
Location: 155 Bermondsey Road, Toronto ON. Habitat GTA currently deploys a hybrid working environment, asking staff to come onsite once (1) per week at minimum.
Website: www.habitatgta.ca or www.instagram.com/habitatgta
Who We Are
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area (Habitat GTA) is leading the way in addressing one of the most pressing issues of our time: the need for affordable housing. Our work focuses on helping working families become homeowners - thus realizing both a safe and secure place to live and the opportunity to build equity and financial independence for themselves and their children. We are a land developer, a home builder, a fundraiser, and a mortgage holder. In support of our homebuilding operations, Habitat GTA operates retail home improvement stores called ReStores, which collect donations of home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials and sells them to the public, with all proceeds helping us build more homes.
Habitat GTA is growing. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial social enterprise that has been increasing our capacity for impact each and every year. Together, we are building a better, more inclusive GTA for everyone.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is looking for an organized and energetic Events & Content Coordinator to be the point person on managing content and events related to our Habitat family partnerships. The ideal candidate for this team is a self-starter, with a ?boots on the ground? mentality, who can lead and adapt in a non-profit and ever-changing environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Content & Events Coordinator is a new position that will work closely with both the Marketing & Communications and Family Partnerships departments.
- Spearhead all logistics for two of Habitat for Humanity GTA's most important events - the Welcome Home Ceremony and the Ribbon Cutting/Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Some responsibilities include:
- Drafting and sending invitations, agenda, workback schedules, and run of day
- Work closely with the CEO's office to establish invitation lists
- Coordinating with various different departments to help finalize speakers, family stories, and sponsorship assignments
- Ensure new Habitat partner families feel celebrated and recognized for their achievement
- Identify the requirements and expectations for each event
- Recruiting and managing volunteers and photographers
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintain event budgets
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to Habitat GTA standards
- Assess an event's overall success and submit findings
- Provide event management leadership and support for all other departmental events and third party events
- Develop and maintain an annual events calendar with a limited events budget
- Develop and maintain a Family Partnerships onboarding program for Habitat families. Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to organize and develop marketing assets.
- Habitat families have compelling stories about challenges, determination and triumph. Determine how much and what kinds of creative assets should be created in partnership with families to ensure we capture this vital content that drives home our brand story and helps us connect with donors, government and prospective family partners.
- Support partner families as ambassadors during their completion of volunteer hours via the development of marketing assets.
- Assist with the social media calendar and ensure a regular cadence of digital content. Think we should be on another platform? Tell us why!
- Assist in content development for all social media channels (Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter). Effectively conceptualize, edit, and record video content for these digital platforms.
- Collect and interpret demographic data to develop best practices that yield best results in our digital outreach
- Occasionally assist the marketing team in writing blog posts (family centric stories)
- Research and maintain awareness of trends in digital advertising and recommend new communication strategies and tactics
What You Bring
- 2-3 years of experience working in marketing, event management or project management
- A passion for our work in the community and ambition to understand the dynamics and opportunities of affordable housing delivery in the GTA
- Creative mind that can bring ideas to life in an organized and logical manner
- Familiarity with event coordination software/tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Tech-savvy with the ability and interest to learn and use new technologies efficiently and quickly
- A positive attitude with the ability to problem solve, lead, and adapt to any situation
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to multi-task across many projects
- The ability to dive in, be proactive, and collaborate with different departments
- Driving is essential for this position. You must have your G2/G license as you will have to visit our different ReStores and build sites.
- You must have the ability to lift heavy items during event set-up and take down
Why Join Us?
- A meaningful opportunity to make a difference in your local community and to have first-hand contact with the families whose lives are transformed by our work
- The pride of being part of a highly respected, high profile global charity
- A stimulating, fast paced professional opportunity in a team of like-minded ?world-changers'
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP eligibility
- Flexible work arrangements
- Internal job mobility and developmental opportunities
- Wellness initiatives including EAP and corporate gym membership rate with Goodlife Fitness
If you are ready to make a change in your local community and become a part of our team at Habitat for Humanity GTA, click on the Apply button within this posting or click on our Careers Page to find more: https://habitatgta.ca/careers/
Your Future at Habitat for Humanity GTA Awaits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada throughout the duration of their employment with Habitat for Humanity GTA. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the employment position. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
As part of our selection process, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity GTA, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.