Department : Marketing
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Canada Marketing DirectorWorking closely with: Marketing/Social/CreativeSeniority: Open/Intermediate
At Rivalry, we feel it's important to be more than just a betting site. We love the esports scene and want to continue to be a big part of it by providing exceptional content, experiences, and more to fans through our site and other platforms.
In 2023, one of our key marketing focuses will continue to be Ontario, and as we continue growing at a fast pace here, our team needs to grow as well. We are looking for a Canada Esports Marketing Coordinator who will report directly to the Canada Marketing Director.
As we expand in the community, we will become more involved with influencers, teams, local spaces, tournaments, gaming communities, and more. The person we hire for this role will work hand-in-hand with our Marketing Director and alongside our other global team members to help manage the day-to-day executional responsibilities of getting in front of the esports audience within the region in a grassroots way.
Be involved in various aspects of marketing that include partnerships, program management, campaigns, events, affiliates, influencers and more. This person will act as a 'boots on the ground' liaison for our existing and upcoming initiatives that we will plan for within the esports communities in Toronto and the broader provincial opportunities.
You will be expected to help uncover new esports-driven acquisition and brand opportunities and be a key liaison for these new initiatives. You will be heavily involved in supporting the day-to-day tasks which will include items such as local research, planning, client coordination, brief writing, reporting, budget tracking, and other ad hoc tasks.
The list below touches on what you will initially be expected to do. The esports and local startup scene is constantly changing and as Rivalry continues to evolve within the region, the opportunity to flex across different areas where we're finding success will likely become available.
- Have an intimate understanding of the local esports scene in Ontario (and across Canada)
- Bonus points if you're a guru across titles such as League of Legends, Valorant, Counter-Strike, and Dota 2
- Stay on the pulse of esports and gaming industries and utilize this knowledge to be able to articulate the trends shaping the local culture that will feed into the larger regional strategy
- Scope and reach out to potential local influencers, streamers, KOLs, event spaces, affiliates, tournaments, etc. who meet Rivalry's criteria for representation and local audience following
- Be the point of contact and manage the day-to-day operations, concerns, presentations and executions of Rivalry influencers, streamers, organizations, affiliate partners, etc.
- Lead and manage the process of campaign and activation implementation by ensuring communication between Rivalry and the Rivalry partners, influencers, etc. are seamless and delivered on-time
- Help to create exceptional strategies and unique promotions with our clients (i.e. partners, organizations, etc.) for user acquisition, brand awareness and retention
- Create and maintain a database of sales marketing research materials be it through presentations and documentation used to pitch esports opportunities and ongoing projects that you will oversee
- Work with internal team members such as Social & Creative teams to produce integrated activations with various partners as well as internal Rivalry-branded content that live across our owned channels
- Organization of documentation and performance tracking spreadsheets that illustrate where efforts are tracking against KPI's and budgets
- Be available to be on the ground and feel comfortable communicating with prospective Rivalry customers at existing and upcoming esports events, spaces, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Business Development, Project Coordinator, Partner Manager, or other relevant experience in Marketing or Customer Acquisition ideally within the esports community
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or relevant field preferred but not required
- Inherently passionate about esports and gaming and a self-starter who will actively ask questions, look for guidance and has a desire to find areas to find value
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, negotiate, and present effectively to potential Rivalry partner influencers, events, affiliates, etc.
- Excellent written communications skills - can write creative and compelling marketing/promotional copy
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment where when things go wrong you are able to remain calm and execute
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and staying on top of organizational items
- Ability to package information in a clear and concise manner
- Solid experience in data gathering, research and analysis
- Ideally located within the Toronto area and experience in working remotely and being a driven, self-starter
- Flexible schedule to allow coordination and communication with colleagues in GMT+8 up to GMT-0 time zones.
- Able to commit fully to Rivalry; no side projects or other clients
- We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package.
- A chance to work in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries
- Work with an extremely talented team who share a love for video games and esports on truly innovative projects.
- See your performance in real time, be part of a supportive team with a focus on training, coaching and continual improvement, and benefit from yearly salary reviews
- Remote and flexible working arrangements.
- Open Paid Vacation.
- Free video games! Every Rivalry employee gets a monthly stipend.
- + more!