Closing Date: December 1, 2022
Reporting to the General Manager, Land Strategy, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Sustainable Development (SD) group. This involves collaborating closely with the Administrator for the Water, Projects, and Social Responsibility teams in SD and tasks may be shared or reallocated between Administrators over time. This role had an anticipated duration term of 1 year.
To be successful, we are looking for a confident and self-motivated administrative professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills. This person is organized, has strong attention to detail, and can multitask and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in an independent manner. Strong interpersonal and follow-up skills are vital for success.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventures at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Update, maintain and distribute reports, presentations, bulletins, agendas and internal compliance reporting documents through email and teams
- Be a safety and communication liaison between the sustainable group and other groups including environment departments at all sites, Human Resources, Facilities, and Sparwood Shared Offices
- Arrange travel and logistics including management of Company vehicles
- Assist in submitting credit card reports and other expense reports
- Maintain upgrades to filing systems, shared online directories and document storage, including administering SharePoint content, lists and document libraries
- Coordinate meetings and special events including room set-up and catering
- Assist with tracking submissions for Human Resource requests and forms
- Maintain departmental materials and supplies and order as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience in office administration
- Advanced digital literacy and experience with SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, Teams
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.?
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.